Chapter 40

Xinyi's mind left her. Her mind her settled down in her Neverland and refused to come back. The energy escaped her body within seconds and she felt as if her body was no longer hers.

Kun couldn't look, he refused to look. But he had to, for Renjun's sake. Snapping his eyes open, he cursed audibly and grabbed Xinyi's shoulder, ripping her away from Taeyong. It was too late. She was on the floor, energy gone and body as weak as a frail piece of glass. She was alive, however. Barely, alive.

"Xinyi" Kun shook her. She didn't do anything as to even lift a finger. It was all going according to her plan. Kun hated how well it was working. Someone stirred beside him, and he soon greeted a familiar pair of shining silver-golden eyes.

"Taeyong" Kun breathed. He couldn't form words.

"What..." It was Taeyongs voice. He was alive.

"Taeyong, help me" Kun pleaded despite Taeyong barely able to lift himself up.

"What happened" The leader groaned. His eyes fell on the unconscious Xinyi, slowly connecting the dots.

"She didn't...." Taeyong gaped "There's no way"

"She gave you her energy. She-she...she might die if we don't do something quick. She gave away a lot, too much. I don't know...Taeyong just, help, please. Renjun...he would kill me if the girl he loves dies in my hands" Kun cried, begging and pleading on his knees. He held the soulless body in his hands, thinking of anything that he could possibly do.

Taeyong, mustering up all his energy, held a hand towards her wrist "She's so pale. Why did you let her...nevermind that. Go, I have a bottle inside my cabinet in my office. Go get it, quick". Kun scrambled out, his two feet barely balancing themselves. Taeyong furrowed his eyebrows, gritting his teeth together in panic. The colour was draining off her face in an incredulous speed, her eyes losing its life.

Then, Taeyong had an epiphany. He closed his eyes, placing a hand on her neck and muttered a couple incoherent words.

Reality hit him like a brick.

"She...was prepared to die" Taeyong exhaled.

A stab ran through Taeyongs body. His eyes snapped open. Kun had just came back with a glass bottle in his hands.

They were both quiet for a second, before Taeyong looked up at Kun solemnly.

"Shes gone"

The bottle shattered on the floor.

Something was off. Something was definitely off. Renjun looked around him, unable to locate the girl he had been waiting for for the past 20 minutes. He called her phone and searched all over the rooftop, to no avail was he able to get a single hint of where she was.

"Xinyi?" He called "This isn't funny anymore"

He walked around, frantically trying to contact her. He remembered what she said. Wait for me, she had said, all so confidently.

Renjun's hands wouldn't stop fumbling as he sat back down again. No, this won't do. Xinyi wouldn't disappear for half an hour without a single message. Renjun bolted up, grabbing the jar of paper boats she left behind and dashing back to her base. His heard pounded like a million hammers bashing against the glass cage. His head had a whole hurricane whirling around in it, throwing his thoughts everywhere.

He crashed into her room. Instead of Xinyi laying on her bed, there stood Kun with a ring in his palm. Her ring. Their ring.

Renjun's steps slowed, dragging along the wooden floor. He waited for an explanation, but judging by the wet trail that appeared from Kun's eyes to his chin, Renjun knew, there was no good news.