Chapter 31

She blinked. In front of her was a man with silver hair and dark eyes, glasses stood on his nose complimenting a pair of glassy eyes. He looked a little older than Renjun, but there were similarities: his hair being the most prominent one.

"Hi, I'm Kun" He put out his hand. She didn't take it.

Awkwardly, he retracted and scratched the back of his head "I came to replace Renjun"

She scoffed, not giving another crap and going back round to where Mireu was taking a nap. It had been a while since Mireu had properly rested. The boy was missing his dad.

"Uhm" Kun sighed to himself "So this is the girl Renjun was talking about before"

The door opened once again, spiking her interest. She whipped her head up hoping to see the familiar boy with a bright smile and a jumpy persona. Instead, Jeno had entered the room. Lately, Jeno had been taking care of Mireu when Xinyi was busy. Kind of him, yes, but Xinyi had never once wanted interacted with him like she would to Renjun. Jeno was nothing but an acquaintance to her.

"This is...?" Jeno pointed at Kun.

"I don't know either" Xinyi shrugged. Suddenly, epiphany hit her. Her eyes widened and she shot up from her desk. Kun. He must know something what's going on with Renjun.

"Take care of Mireu for me, thanks" She gestured at Jeno, mentally thanking him and yanking Kun out the room to stand in the hallway. From her icy touch, Kun almost collapsed on the spot. Her finger's were like needles dipped in snow, penetrating his skin. He was lucky it wasn't the first time he's interacted with someone as strong as her. If it was Jisung, he'd surely be on the floor with one single poke from her finger.

Ripping his own wrist out of her grip, Kun stumbled backwards, taking heavy breaths to stabilise himself. Xinyi scoffed. Weak, she thought.

"You have a ring right? The one Renjun has" She tried to snatch at his hand. Kun's rapidly pulled his hand away. He was shocked at how much she knew about their realm.

"Or...I hold my hand. Take me up there. No, you cant touch me. Then give me the ring. I swear I-"

"Woah woah woah" Kun spun around her and tried to backtrack all the way back inside the room "No, no I'm not going let you do that"

She clenched her teeth. She was so close to giving this guy a fist to the face. The door from Mireu's hospital room abruptly opened, and then the next second a hand was on her wrist, dragging her all the way back inside.

"Let go of me" She spat, throwing her head up to meet Jeno's chocolate eyes.

"What are you doing?" Jeno exclaimed, confining her with his grip. She breathed heavily, each exhale trembling with restlessness. Her head was about to explode and she hadn't had one good nights sleep since he left. Her little utopia in her dream had disappeared and she longed for the feeling of the fresh grass under her fingers and the sight of the crystal river.

"Sit down" Jeno forced her down.

"Let me go talk to that-" She flailed and struggled, in which Jeno pinned her down once again. Frustrated, she crossed her arms and avoided his fierce gaze.

"What is going on with you" Jeno chuckled "I've never seen you angered by some dude with silver hair and glasses"

"This has nothing to do with you" Xinyi shoved Jeno off her. Jeno shook his head, taking a seat next to her.

"You really do have a temper"

Xinyi scoffed

"Is it for that boy? I haven't seen him around lately" Jeno glanced at Xinyi.