Chapter 19

Xinyi fired, one, two, three bullets, face matte with sweat. Her eyes dashed from one place to another, facing endless amounts of people firing guns and charging all sorts of sharp objects at her. She even saw an arrow of some sorts. She had thought those were out dated by now.

She had just shot 2 people in the chest and the leg, and then came another 6. She was exhausted. Her breaths like an army of soldiers each panting twice every second. She swallowed the mucus coating her throat with a sticky, unpleasant feel. Her arms were spread out and body alert like an owl stalking the night.

A body came dashing at her from behind. The one without the gun. She turned around and gave him a kick to the stomach with his wrist in her palm, disorientating his limbs and shoving her knee down his back.

"I'll kill him" The threatening words were formed in between her laboured inhales. She analysed his teammates expression. None of them looked like they cared.

"Dog teammates" She mumbled. In an instant, she reloaded her gun and fired right into the back of the man she had held hostage. She backed away, the aim now pointed on the 3 in front of her. All of them looked as though their gun had been dismantled off them previously.

She continued to slide backwards until her foot hit the wall, her body thumping against the damaged plaster.

Someone charged at her. Then another. She whipped around and successfully dodged their flying knives. Predicting their actions, she ducked and weaved between their hits, managing to get herself away from the wall so that she was no longer cornered. Luckily, one of her teammates had emerged from the other side, pulling a gun and joining Xinyi by her side.

As silence sat between them for a second, she looked each of her opponents up and down. She noticed something. Within the 3, one had their hand stuck behind him. Xinyi whispered to Taeil who stood next to her"The left one has a gun. Get rid of him first. I'll deal with the other 2"

Taeil nodded. He fired. The bullet pierced into the armed man and he crashed to the ground, alerting the remaining 2 who chased and frantically stabbed the air in search for Xinyi's flesh. She aimed at one and pulled the trigger. She didn't have any bullets left. Cursing, she looked towards Taeil for help as she dodged another flying knife. Signalling Taeil that she had no bullets left, she threw her gun on the floor and grabbed the curtain rail, swinging herself up and giving each of them a good kick to the chin.

The men dropped their knives. Just as they scrambled to retrieve their knives, Xinyi swung herself off and landed both her feet perfectly on the knives. Time stopped for a second as the two men looked at her with an 'Oh shit' face. Kicking the knives up with skilful footwork, she caught both sharp objects and let a smug smirk devour her lips. She bid them a goodbye as she threw the knives like two shurikens.

Just as she was about to turn around to check on Taeil, something sharp pierced her arm. Her face scrunched up in pain, palm holding her arm as she stumbled backwards. She was caught off guard.

The person in front of her had at least fives knives around his waist band. She was screwed. She backed herself up against the wall again. She watched as the man took three knives out of his waist hand and put it in between his fingers, just how she had done before. She glanced to the side expecting to see Taeil ready to throw her some type of weapon, though, Taeil was on the ground accompanied by another member of her gang that seemed to also be at a lack of weapons.

At that moment, a gun was thrown in her direction and she caught it with one flawless hook of a finger. The man opposite her couldn't react and soon, he had a bullet tattooed inside his heart. As soon as she heard the man's breathing cease, she crashed to the ground, breaths chained with exhaustion and pain. The gun fell out of her hands as her eyes was glued to the ground. She was on all fours, slowly gaining her breath back.