s/o with a cursed speech quirk [request]

Anonymous asked:

hi !! i was wondering if i can request deku, bakugo, shoto, kiri, and shinso with an s/o that has a quirk that's like toge inumaki's cursed speech ??? thank you !! ♡

featuring: midoriya, bakugo, todoroki, kirishima, and shinso

salmon. enjoy :)

midoriya didn't want to be rude and ask why you wore a face mask like shoji, but chose not to speak. he thought it was odd given that most voice-related quirks still allowed the user to speak; it was an activation power. however, it seemed like you were more guarded about it than present mic would be. nevertheless, he wasn't about to judge someone about how they look. being the friendly and bubbly boy that he was, he took it upon himself to talk to you, which is how he found out everything about your cursed speech. it was different from any other quirk that he had observed but you didn't feel different from anyone else with an uncanny ability. he finds your surprising tenacity attractive and believes that a quirk like yours shouldn't go unnoticed. you're beautiful and wonderful to him and you deserve to hear it as much as anyone else.

bakugo thought you were just ignoring him when you wouldn't respond to his incessant yelling. it wasn't until you said, "don't move" and effectively immobilized him in midair that he made the connection. he found himself becoming more and more curious about your ability and its potential. he's definitely thought about how you could end a battle real quickly by simply telling someone to die. it's the fact that you stood tall and fought to a fair end with it is what made him think differently about you. he had learned all your safe words and helped create more with you so he could communicate with you. even though you don't talk that much, still like to tease him about how kind he can be in his own way. you may be a mute but you're a cute mute who's still a dumbass to him.

todoroki had underestimated your power, just like everyone else. he thought that you were pretentious for not talking and therefore made you better than others. little did he know that it was quite the opposite. he had eventually confronted you about it and when you showed him your tattoos, he finally understood. this is not an ability that someone would actively want because you could easily put them in danger. it's a burden that you've had to carry your whole life but he doesn't like you for your share of trauma. you're very kind and lovely and funny at times. it was difficult for you to communicate at first because he hasn't been known as the most talkative person but texting helps a lot. besides that, he's comfortable laying with you in silence and you don't even have to say 'i love you' to make him fall for you.

kirishima genuinely thought you were shy and somewhat aloof at first because you didn't talk at all. once he saw you in combat and using your quirk, he thought that you were really amazing. that was when he started talking to you and even though you couldn't speak in full sentences, he still found you interesting and worth listening to. when you started dating, you liked to write him little notes and leave them in places where he would find them at some point. he really loved that you did that and has secretly kept every one he's found, reading them every night before he goes to bed. he thinks the tattoos by your mouth are really cool and he loves leaving sneaky kisses on them. even though you can't speak, he still thinks you're beautiful and amazing. he's well assured of your feelings for him but strives to let his show more every day.

shinso flat out didn't trust you due to your muteness but was oddly allured by it at the same time. he observed you from afar for some time until he realized that you were not much of a threat at all. he felt stupid for thinking that you could have ulterior motives for not talking and wanted to apologize. but every time he tried to converse with you, you wouldn't engage very much. he thought he was the issue until he saw what your quirk could do. it was similar to his in some regard and he quickly understood your wariness to others. you were never given much chance to explain yourself so he did it for you. that sparked a bond between you that was seemingly indestructible. you primarily used sign language to talk so he had tried to learn it. he learned enough to tell you how he really felt with an 'i love you' signed at the end. 

originally posted 09 May 2021