his s/o's starting line [request]

loveforbakugo asked:

Hello! could I request Bakugo's S/O telling him that she used to hate heroes but after her older brother saved her for a villain and giving his life for hers she decided to become a hero (she still doesn't like heroes very much but doesn't hate them like before)

featuring: bakugo (x fem!reader)

the reader here is based off of shinobu from demon slayer :'( thank you and enjoy. x

you hadn't been together for very long, maybe a couple of months. it was clear what his motivation was for wanting to become a hero. he'd made it clear since day one of your first hero course together back at UA.

bakugo didn't just want to be a hero, he wanted to be the number one hero. even better than all might was in his prime. some might consider it a controversial reason over wanting to protect citizens from harm but everyone has their reason for becoming a hero and it seemed like no two were the same.

you were desensitized to the point where there was no right reason to become a hero because almost anyone could be one now. however, that didn't put a halt on your values and morals towards hero work. you just kept to yourself, otherwise people would think that you were going to turn out like the hero killer.

what was your reason for becoming a hero?

"hey, idiot," a familiar grumble called. you turned to see your boyfriend, scowl and all. "why are you out here so late? it's cold and you're gonna get sick."

you grinned at him. he was wearing his signature black singlet but he'd never admit that he was cold.

"it's beautiful tonight. don't you think, katsuki?"

"tch. whatever. at least take this," he replied, throwing a blanket over your shoulders before climbing up and sitting down beside you on the half-roof beside the terrace. it was typical for a dumbass like you to not use the actual space for sitting outside but instead making your own space to look at the stars or whatever.

he looked over to your profile, beautiful against the dim light of the night sky.

"is something wrong with you? you seem more distracted than usual," he observes.

you look down and sigh, yet the grin does not drop from your face. he'd always thought that your content and calm demeanor was what made you the most dangerous.

"i've never told you why i want to be a hero," you began, opening one side of the blanket. "come closer, katsuki."

he did what he was told without protest, wrapping the one side of the blanket around his shoulders. he was pulling too much from your side so after some careful maneuvering, you were seated in front of him with the blanket wrapped around you both.

"i don't care too much for heroes. actually, i used to hate them. i don't think the world needs anymore of them. without heroes, there wouldn't be any villains and if there were, it wouldn't be such a public affair. however, there are heroes who make a difference and do more than just show off their physical strength."

it was almost a direct dig at him but he kept quiet, letting you open up.

"on this day ten years ago, my brother died while saving me from a villain. he was long dead before i could do anything to help. i was the only witness so no one knows who killed him or where they are now. whoever killed my brother is still out there and i've had to live with that fact every day for the last ten years."

he could tell that you were trying not to cry. he simply held you a little tighter, leaning his head against yours, silently urging you to continue.

"i want to do the right thing for my brother. if that means going against what i believe then so be it."

he spoke up after a few moments. his voice was quiet as if he were afraid something would break. "you know that killing someone won't solve anything, right?"

your voice was equally quiet but firm. "i'm not going to kill anyone. i'm going to make sure they sit and suffer for as long as i have."

he found your sadism both attractive and intimidating.

"well, for what it's worth, i think you're doing the right thing," he assured. "you can't do it all on your own though."

"that's alright, katsuki. this is my personal vendetta and i don't need anyone getting involved," you replied with your stupid grin.

"you're an even bigger idiot if you think you're gonna do this alone. i don't offer help often so take it or leave it."

well, now that you've told him. "okay. but don't get in my wayyyy," you replied in a singsong voice.

"oh, you don't need to worry about that, baby," he spoke into your neck before leaving some kisses. "love you. now, tell me everything you remember about this bastard."

originally posted 30 May 2021