bnha boys as fanfic ship dynamics

midoriya -> idiot x idiot in progress: he's not a complete idiot being as observant and problem solving-oriented as he is but he can fall short on the simplest things. being with you has not helped as not only does he get super nervous and flustered around you, you tend to have fleeting thoughts that would influence him instantly. if you asked him to run away with you, he'd do it in a heartbeat.

bakugo -> rival x rival: ah yes, a good old enemies to lovers type beat where the tension runs incredibly high and everyone knows it but them. or even better, they know it but they would rather die than confess to it. he's had his eyes on you as his target since day one, practically making it his own personal mission to have you succumb to his greatness. ultimately, you fall for each other along the way but being in a relationship doesn't mean that you can stop challenging the other, it only makes it more fun if you get to kiss passionately afterward.

todoroki -> crime-fighting duo: you probably start on opposite ends or as complete strangers being forced to work together as a hero team in which you might seem like you want nothing to do with him. you just want to get the mission done but he wants to be smart about it and also prove that he's able to work with anyone. unfortunately for you, he grows immensely on you and you'd hate to admit it. it all shows when he gets severely injured and begging you to leave him behind but you go against him, just as you always had but this time out of love.

kirishima -> proud x shy: it's very simple: he loves you and wants to make sure everyone knows it. everywhere you go, no matter who you meet, he always emphasizes the 'my s/o' part after introducing you. he talks about you all the time when you're not around but even when you are, he'll just pull a term of an endearment or compliment out of the blue. he mostly does it to see you blush but being in a relationship with you is his greatest accomplishment and he feels he needs to celebrate that everyday.

kaminari -> pure lookin x scary lookin: sure, he looks pure and wholesome but he can be quite the opposite, or at least he thinks. he's more of a dork and obnoxious than anything but will tease you to no end over something small, like mispronouncing a word, just to get you riled up. he is the epitome of the 'they tease because they love' trope and actually thinks the world of you. in the end, he is a cute and wholesome boyfriend who sometimes has his dumb moments.

shinso -> shy x emotional dork: he could also fit into the above ship as the scary one but this one felt right for him. outwardly, he doesn't seem like an emotional person but once you get closer to him, he's actually very sentimental and compassionate (or 'mushy' as he likes to say). he cries a lot more than he lets on, even when he's extremely happy and especially when it has anything to do with you. every gift you give him or even the smallest acts of kindness that you do for him, he feels warmth everywhere within him and it's undeniable that he's in love.

amajiki -> proud x shy: obviously, he would be the shy one here. despite his outward timidness, you find that he's actually rather courageous and willing to stand up for the defensless, like a true hero. you cannot help but compliment him on this trait, amongst other things. you'll make him believe in himself with how proud you are of him, continuing to say it even after he feels more secure. he's so grateful to have someone as supportive and loving as you by his side, showing his pride and gratitude with hand-holding and nose nuzzles.

dabi -> virtuous ray of sunshine x ex bad guy: probably not super accurate as he still is a bad guy, has done bad things, and wants to continue to do bad things. however, he wasn't bad at one point in time. he had dreams and aspirations of his own and with you, he feels like he could continue to have them, even if they seem more like fantasies these days. he often thinks about what it would've been like to meet you under more 'normal' circumstances and how your relationship might be different, even better, or more ideal.

natsuo -> kind giant x bundle of energy: a lot of people are intimidated by him at first due to his broad stature. contrary to belief, he's anything but malicious or cruel. he's actually very easy to talk to and has a sort of charm about him that makes him very likable. he really likes the simple joys that you find in life and wants to do nothing more than spend as much time as he can with you. he's honored the day that he finally gets to hold you and kiss you and call you his s/o is one that he would never forget, feeling a sense of complete peace.

originally posted 27 Sept 2021