comforting his burnt-out s/o [request]

Anonymous asked:

Hello! Can I please request Dabi comforting his burnt out fem!s/o? Like, his s/o works in the medical field and has been doing a lot of overtime and she's just really really drained but she's trying really hard to stay upbeat and attentive but Dabi and the rest of the LoV are noticing that she's slipping. She's just too stubborn to admit it and Dabi takes things into his own hands ❤️ (idk if you can tell but ya girls going through it 😭😰)

featuring: dabi (x fem!reader)

hello, love this idea! i work in healthcare and even without overtime, it can sometimes be draining. regardless of whatever your days may look like, make sure that you're making time for yourself! enjoy :)

"hello! anyone home?" you called out as you entered through the front door of the secluded house in the woods.

you heard the eccentric voices of twice as he announced your arrival to the rest of the house.

"is that y/n?"

"of course it is, you imbecile!"

"well that's just great. oh, toga, mr. compress, spinner, dabiiiii....y/n is home!"

then you heard the clamoring sound of everyone coming to greet you.

"here, i'll take those for you, ma'am," twice offered, taking the grocery bags from your hands.

the rest of the group followed twice to the kitchen to see what you had brought back while the last person entered the room, none other than your boyfriend.

"hey, hot stuff," he greeted before leaning in to give you a welcome home kiss with his warm hands caressing your cheeks.

"hi," you returned as you pulled away.

"i missed you," he confessed.

"oh, did you? or did you just have a hankering for what's for dinner?" you replied playfully.

"mm, a little bit of both, but mostly the food," he answered, making you laugh.

"you're lucky you have me."

"i sure am."

you walked to the kitchen hand in hand where everyone was still peering into the bags, trying to guess what you were going to make.

"alright, everyone out so the lady can cook," dabi demanded.

"gosh, dabi, you're no fun. whatta you mean? of course, he is," twice chirped.

"see you later, y/n!"

"i cannot wait to see what delicious meal you'll prepare for us this evening."

the rest of the group left, leaving you and dabi alone.

"so what are you making?" he asked as he stood close to you.

"you'll see," you teased. "i'm going to make this and then we'll eat and then i have to go back in tonight."

"what? i thought you had the night off?" he questioned.

"i did until someone called out last minute and i said i'd take their overnight shift," you explained as you continued to work on washing the vegetables.

"wait but don't you work tomorrow morning too?"

"yeah but it shouldn't be that bad. i'll be home by this time tomorrow and i'll still get my days off," you responded.

he had always known that you worked too much. and there was no way that you didn't know that. you're too smart for that but also stubborn as hell.