s/o is afraid of loud noises [pt.2]

featuring: the older todorokis (aka fuyumi and toya)

manga spoilers ahead, beware! were done last week, does anyone have a favorite todoroki? hard question, at least for me lol enjoy. x

fuyumi

you let out a sigh of relief as you parked the car in the parking garage under the complex. the day was finally over.

"i'm home," you called out as you entered your shared apartment. something pleasant smelling wafted through the air as you fully walked into the space.

fuyumi popped her head out from the entrance of the kitchen to greet you.

"hi, sweetie! how was your day? i got your text."

you put your bag down on the floor. "it was okay. and yeah, sorry about that. i had more notes than i thought i needed to get done before leaving."

she nodded in understanding but it didn't seem like the truth. even though you had more than enough students to keep track of as a school guidance counselor, you always got most of your work done early. you had started working there not too long ago and really hit the ground running with how understaffed the school appeared to be. however, you were a quick learner and seemed to enjoy the position, for the most part.

it's possible you could've been short on time but due to what? either way, something wasn't right to her.

you walked over to her to see what she was making at the stove.

"oh, we haven't had this in a while," you commented, looking at the familiar ingredients. "looks good as always, yumi."

"thank you, honey," she smiled before placing a hand on your arm and leaning in for a welcome kiss. she pulled you closer as you kissed, noticing that you seemed very low energy.

"you okay?" she asked when you pulled away.

"it was just...a long day," you answered, sighing.

she nodded, leaving it at that for now. "this is almost ready. wanna help set the table and we can talk about it then?"

you helped her set all the food out on the low table before settling on the tatami flooring with her.

"so what happened today?"

you looked down at your food, not sure where to begin.

"yumi, how often do schools conduct fire drills?"

she put a hand on her chin, thinking about it as she chewed the rest of her food. "it depends. our school does every 2-3 months but i think once a month is the standard. why?"

"great," you muttered. "just wondering."

"was there a fire drill at school today?" she questioned.

"yeah. and we knew about it ahead of time but i just could not relax," you started to explain.

"so that's why you had to stay late?" she confirmed.

you nodded before continuing. "i kept watching the clock to make sure the alarm wouldn't catch me off guard. also, the head of the department didn't have time to show me the exit route so they instructed me to come to their office a few minutes before the drill would happen but i really didn't want to be in the building when it happened. so i went outside beforehand and went to call them but they ended up beating me to it, asking where i was and i explained how i was already outside and they kept asking me questions and i was already so anxious."

you were starting to get emotional, your voice cracking as tears appeared in your eyes. luckily, your wonderful girlfriend was right there with you, rubbing a comforting hand up and down your arm as you tried to finish your story.