comforting her female s/o over unsupportive parents [request]

Anonymous asked:

Hey do you do requests? I really need some comfort from the character i love more then my life. My parents are homophobic, and one night i heard my dad saying he didn't want me in his house and to send to to my uncles. I was wondering if you could write something where Fuyumi Todoroki comforts implied f reader that its okay to be gay or that you're normal and perfect and belong here

featuring: fuyumi todoroki (x fem!reader)

i'm so sorry that you're going through this right now. this blog is a safe space and i think you picked the perfect character for that. i'm dedicating this piece to anyone who feels as though they don't belong; you are loved. thank you for reading. please enjoy<3

you were hoping that tonight would be a turn-around for everything, that she would be the bridge to connect you and them again. fuyumi was the perfect girlfriend and you thought that once they had met her, there was no way for them to discourage you further, despite your previous differences. you knew that they wouldn't approve of this at all but you eventually decided that this a person who you love more than your life so they would have to get used to it.

unfortunately, you were a little over-optimistic as that's not what happened. and what's worse, they made a huge scene in front of the very person you didn't originally want to meet them.

now you remembered why you were so against the idea.

"hey, honey. i just walked through the door," her sweet voice spoke through the phone.

"good," you replied. "i'm sorry that it ended like that, making you leave."

"don't worry about me. are YOU okay?" she asked. this was typical fuyumi, always caring about others.

you hesitated for a moment before responding candidly. "not really."

"oh, sweetie. i'm so sorry."

you felt tears well up in your eyes, trying to swallow back the sounds of you crying.

"do you...think i could come over?"

"um," she hesitated. "i would love that but i don't want you getting into more trouble."

"what does it matter? they already want me gone anyway," you said, your voice getting more worked up by the second.

there was another pause on her end. she could tell that you were really upset. "i'll leave the door unlocked for you. please be careful."

"thank you, yumi. be there soon."

the todoroki house was practically your second home. that's where you would spend most of your time with her in private. you loved her house; it was big and beautiful and pretty welcoming from what you could tell. you had met her brothers, natsuo and shoto, who seemed to like you enough and were very supportive of their older sister.

outwardly, she seemed to have the perfect life. but you know very well how looks can be deceiving as she has family problems of her own.

"do your parents know about us?" you asked as you sat next to her at the low table.

she smiled down at her food. "dad is the only one who doesn't know. for some reason, i haven't found the courage to tell him."

"is it because of..."

"yeah," she answered, looking up and grinning at you. "he's just got a lot going on right now. he has a lot of work to do."

you knew she wasn't talking about his work as a pro-hero.

"but mom would love to meet you," she revealed, changing the subject.

"really?"

"of course. we could go visit her one day, if you like," she offered.

"that would be great," you replied. you had seen pictures of rei as fuyumi kept an old family photo in her room. fuyumi looked a lot like her.

"i'd love to meet her."

"great! we can go together next time," she beamed to which you nodded your head in agreement.

it was silent for a minute or two then, neither one of you knowing how to address what happened earlier that night. you continued eating your food and chatting about little things before cleaning up.

"would you like to stay over?"

"yes, please."

she led you to her room by the hand before picking out some sleepwear for you to wear. you two got ready for bed and snuggled up in her futon together.

it was somewhat awkward given that you still hadn't talked about everything but you knew it was coming.

"i'm sorry, yumi," you apologized, your voice muffled by your face being half-buried in the pillow.

"for what, sweetie?"

"for my homophobic parents ruining everything and saying all that in front of you," you replied in a frustrated tone.

"you don't have to be sorry about that. i knew what i was walking into," she responded as she brushed some of your hair out of your face.

"they're never going to change their minds," you announced. "i either have to leave or they'll do everything to keep us apart."

you started to cry, suddenly getting overwhelmed by this whole situation. "why can't they just understand that i didn't choose this? they've been against me my entire life and now they have more of a reason to get rid of me or make my life miserable."

"hey, shh, shh," she hushed as she gathered you into her arms, rubbing your back.

"hey, honey. look at me," she instructed, rubbing a hand over your hair. you looked up and into her grey eyes.

"i'm not going to tell you that they just want what's best for you and that they'll come around eventually. i don't know that they ever will. but i want you to understand that none of this is your fault, okay? you are who you are and that's enough. don't let them make them feel like you aren't because you are. you are my pretty, smart, funny, wonderful girl and i love you so much. it hurts to see you miserable like this but i want you to know that i'll always be here for you."

you sniffled, wiping the last of your tears. "i love you, fuyumi," you said softly before leaning up for a gentle but sweet kiss.

"and you know you can stay here anytime that you like, right?" she reminded you as you pulled away.

"yes. thank you so much, yumi."

"you don't have to thank me, sweetie. this is what you deserve."

you kissed each other goodnight before falling asleep. you slept soundly knowing that you were in a safe place, next to the love of your life where you were wanted.

originally posted 20 Oct 2021