Chapter 20: Worries

The sunlight blasted on the window that mde Beomgyu groan. He tried to move away by rolling to his side but he felt like something was wrapped around his waist. He opened his eyes and to his surprise, he saw Taehyun, still sleeping peacefully with his blonde hair all messy. He then remembered the conversation they had at the ferris-wheel.

I like you, Choi Beomgyu.

These words kept repeating on his head and he swore that he's face was warmer than a desert and as red as a tomato. He can't believe that the first human he liked also liked him back, and now they are even lovers!

"How can I be so lucky?"

"Hm? I don't know, maybe because it's me and you hit the jackpot?" Taehyun's hoarse morning voice made him flinch. "Y-You're awake.." Beomgyu stated.

Taehyun nodded, "Yep. Actually, I woke up earlier, but seeing you sleeping looking all cute made me not wanna get up." he said while stroking the other's hair who whined and hide his face on his chest, making Taehyun laugh.

"Why are you shy?" he chirped.

The merman hit his chest and muffled, "I'm not! It's just, rare of you t-to compliment people."

"Well I only compliment you."

Beomgyu pouted and lifted his head and spoke before hiding it again, "Early in the morning and you're flirting!!"

"Hey, look at me baby." thr blinde called out.

The prince was beyond surprised and his butterfly bursted butterflies out when he heard the other's endearment for him. "B-Baby?"

He got cut off when Taehyun place a chaste kiss on his lips and smiled, "Good Morning baby.." he chirped.

"G-Good morning.." the prince greeted back. He scooted even closer to the male to bury his face on his chest and it took Taehyun by surprise, "Hm? Baby? What's wrong?" he asked in a quiet matter. He could feel the prince shook his head. "Nothing, I- I just wanna stay like this.." he muffled.

Taehyun hummed and look at the clock. It's only 5 am in the morning. He look down to the prince as soon as he heard snoring and it made him smile. Kissing the top of his head and went back to sleep himself.

××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××

"Good morning.." a voice quietly said. Taehyun and Beomgyu just groaned, "Hey you two lovebirds. As much as I wanna see you all day like that I can't because we need to start your mission from that fucking scientist." another said.

Taehyun jolted awake, accidentally pushing the merman on the ground and as soon as he realized it, he looked at Beomgyu who groaned in pain while holding his head. "Gyu!" he then ran to him and kneeled, gently rubbing Beomgyu's head, "I'm so sorry baby." he said, kissing his head, "There, do you feel better?"

Beomgyu shyly nodded, "Y-Yeah, don't worry about it."

Taehyun let out a sigh of relief before turning into his serious face. Both of the lovers' hair were messy, considering that they just woke up. But the energy radiating around Taehyun was dark, and serious. "Where?" he asked sternly.

Yoongi who was at the door, sighed, "Go get clean first. Then we'll talk. Seok-ah, come on. Let's wait in the living room." he called out to his brother who was sitting at the edge of the bed, smiling fondly at the two. Hoseok stood up and waddled to the door, "We'll wait for you okay? Take your time kids." he said before closing the door.

Taehyun let out a breath stroking Beomgyu's face but noticed that the latter was frozen. "This is it." Beomgyu spoke quietly but enough for the other to hear.