Chapter 23: Calm Down

Beomgyu followed Dr. Monsta to god knows where. All he knows is that after the smoke, the doctor dragged him to somewhere and they arrived at somewhat an underground passage.

After a long hour of silence, the doctor spoked, "You know your highness, I've been looking for you for a long time. Longer than you imagined. That's why many years ago, me and my team travelled the oceans and seas, searching for the kingdom, your kingdom. It will give us a great benefit. Your tail will give us power and a little bit of benefit." he explained.

Beomgyu rolled his eyes and scoffed, "You mean it will give YOU a lot of benefit.".

Monstra stopped on his tracks and gave the prince a creepy smile. "Why, you know me too well."

"What's with you huh? Can't you do a job like other scientists? Or humans out there? Hyunnie's parents are nothing like you! You have the same profession and yet they use their brains for good!" Beomgyu said out of anger.

They entered a room with big circular tanks, lit up in a bright hue of blue with cables attached almost everywhere. On the center of the room lies a big square tank with a shade of green its waters. Most of the cables in the room are attached to it.

Monstra turned to him, now ith a mutual face. "That petty fighter boyfriend of yours, his parents are always on the top! I work harder than them but they are the once who got to higher places. And when I saw your clan for the first time. The team didn't believe me! Even the government! They take the stairs..." he harshly held Beomgyu's  collar then whispered, "I don't want hardship." after saying those words, he injected something on Beomgyu body that made him wince. He pucnched the doctor on his wrist but..

WHY DID I LOST ALL THOSE STRENGTH?! he asked himself. He motiones his hand and troed to move some water to shut off the electricity but it didn't work either.

"I know you will do some dirty tricks but I injected something that makes you loose all your strength, resulting for you to.."

While he said that, Beomgyu panicked when his legs started to show his scales. Two men came from behind him and held him by his arms harshly that it will surely leave some bruises. He tried to squirm but no avail.

"Turn back into your merman self young prince." Dr. Monsta smirked as he saw the weakening of the merman prince. He knelt down and brushed his fingers against his tail and Beomgyu cursed at him, "FUCK OFF YOUR YOUR MONSTROUS HANDS AWAY! YOU WILL PAY FOR THIS!" he shouted furiously.

"Tsk. Some of that fighter's spirit had rubbed into you. Too bad he and your friends will not going to be able to save you."

"DON'T DO ANYTHING TO THEM!"

Monsta laughed out like a mad man he is, "I do not obey orders from you your highness. Throw him in." the men obeyed him and threw the prince inside the square tank. Attaching some cable to his body.

For some reason, the tank was so small that he can stood up but his tail won't listen. Tears started to fill up his sky blue orbs as he looked down on his tail slapping it a few times, "WHY DON'T YOU MOVE??"

He heard Monsta laugh that made him turn his gaze to him with fear and anger evident in it. "Aww, look at you, so helpless. Don't worry, the pain will last in a short time and after that, you won't feel anything. And it will be esier for you to be displayed in museums for a day then cut your beautiful precious rare tail."

The merman broke down as tears fell down the tank's floor and turn into pearls. "Interesting... Turn it on.." the scientist ordered and when one of his men turned the power on, Beomgyu screamed in pain..

"ARRRGGGGHHHHHHH!!!!" he yelled while crying.

He slowly close his eyes as time passed, feeling himself losing his consciousness..