Chapter 3: Are You For Real?

The three boys doubted if they heard the couple correctly or not.

"I-I'm so sorry Mrs. Kang b-but w-what?" Yeonjun said squinting his eyes in confusion.

"We found the mermaid prince!" the couple repeated again in chorus.

Taehyun instinctively pinched the bridge of his nose. "Mom, Dad, mermaids are not real.." he said sternly.

Mrs. Kang pointed at Beomgyu while still hugging her husband. "Well he's one proof."

"Mom no I-"

Kai cutted Taehyun off. "Mermaids?! That one with half humans and half fish bodies?!"

"Kai seriously?" Taehyun said unamused.

While they are at it, Beomgyu went up to Taehyun's parents and tugged the sleeve of his mom's blazer which caused their attention. They focused their glaze on him, waiting if he'll confirm the statement or not.

"H-how did you know?" as Beomgyu said that, all the people in the room widen their eyes. It's like this boy was telling them that he is, in fact, that mythical creature.

"S-so she's correct?" Mr. Kang unbelievably said and the said mermaid just nodded.

"This is ridiculous! Mermaids aren't real. They are just stories made up from childhood to make kids who are afraid to go to the ocean go there!" Taehyun reasoned out.

"Why are you so against us. Even the impossible can be possible you know?" Beomgyu replied to him and the blonde scoffed. "Oh really?" he said and went up to him. He walk towards his face while staring deeply at him which made the creature uncomfortable and immediately leaned back. Taehyun then finished his statement. "Then prove it."

With that being said, Beomgyu looked around to search for some water. He saw a pitcher full of water. As they watch him. They saw Beomgyu reaching his hand out and formed it like he was gripping into something. They all followed his hands direction and soon enough, they saw the cap of the pitcher being removed and the water came out of it. It starts moving towards Kai's direction and the cold water splashed on his face then he let put a dolphin scream.

As soon as Kai was splashed, Yeonjun, who is beside him back away a little so he will not get wet.

Opening and closing his eyes, Kai spoke, "Okay, I believe him now." he quickly said.

"That is some telekinesis shit right there.." Yeonjun said, really amused by the situation.

"SEE?! HE'S SO FRIDGING REAL!" Mrs. Kang blurted out. "Yeah, no doubt." Mr. Kang added.

"Nah, I still don't believe it." Taehyun muttered making everyone shock.

"WHAT?!" they shouted at him in chorus.

"BRO, HE LITERRY JUST MOVED WATER AND SPLASHED IT ON MY FACE? WHAT DO YOU WANT? ROUND TWO?" Kai yelled.

The blonde just ignored him and turned to Beomgyu who has a disappointed look on his face because the latter didn't believe him. "Moving water doesn't prove your a merman. Or mermaid, whatever you call yourself." Taehyun told him. But then, the prince had an idea. he turned to Mrs. Kang as he was more comfortable talking to her because she's nice. "Do you have, like uhm, a place like a big tank?" he asked her.

Mr. Kang spoked to him, "The pool, I'm sure you'll fit there!" he suggested.

Beomgyu tilted his head. "A what?" "Come on I'll show you." all of them followed Mr. Kang towards the penthouse's pool located at the small garden. When the prince saw it, he pointed at it, saying, "This is big enough to have food on it, why is it empty?" he asked.