One Night Only: Chapter 8

2 Weeks Later

Saturday

February 21

Savage P.O.V

"Hello?" I answered my phone.

"Hi, this is Dr. Bonner from Memorial Hospital. I'm calling to speak to Mr. Williams."

"This is he."

"Okay, Mr. Williams the results has come in for the test."

"When can I pick them up?"

"You can pick them up now. When you get here go to the front desk and tell Shelly what you are picking up."

"Okay, thank you doc."

"No problem." I hung up my phone and made my way upstairs.

What if she is my daughter? What am I going to tell my momma? What if Aubrey don't like me? What if she wants to stay with Kyle?

All these question were going through my head as I grabbed my wallet and keys.

¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥

"Jay, man I got the results." I said pacing in his office with the envelope in my hand.

"Open it then."

"I can't."

"Why?"

"I'm to nervous."

"Let me open it."

"No I'll do it." I walked to a corner and opened the envelope. I pulled the paper out and saw POSITIVE in big red letters.

"I see someone's a daddy." Jay said standing over my shoulder.

"I got a daughter man." I whispered.

"Yeah you do." He said touching my shoulder. "And she talk way to much."

I pulled out my phone and called my momma.

"What Trey?"

"Ma I need to talk to you."

Kelly P.O.V

I just got finish with dinner and I walked in the living room waiting on Kyle to come home from work.

Aubrey was sitting on the floor coloring and the front door opened. Kyle walked in and his face showed that he had something on his mind.

"Daddy!" Aubrey yelled. Kyle took off his jacket and put it on the couch and picked up Aubrey.

"Hey baby girl." He kisses her cheek. He walked to me and kissed my lips. "Hey baby."

"Hey, how was your day?"

"It was.... long." He sighed. "You cooked?"

"Yeah it took a long time but I finished."

"Let me wash up then we'll eat." Before he washed up he helped us to the table.

"Mommy I finished all my work."

"I know you work fast." She smiled. "I have to go get some more for you."

"So I could be a doctor like you."

"That's great." I smiled at her. Kyle walked in the dining room with the food in his hand.

"Babe, what's wrong?"

"I'll tell you later." I nodded and fixed me and Aubrey food.

After eating everyone took a bath and I read Aubrey a story until she fell asleep.

I limped back to my room and got in the bed. I laid on my back and Kyle turned me around so that I was facing him.

"What's wrong?" I said playing with his ear.

"I got some good news and some bad new. Which do you want to hear first?"

"Good."

"I go a promotion."

"That's great." I pecked his lips. "So what's the bad new."

"They're relocating me to California."

"Oh uh." It was a long silence before I spoke again. "When do you leave?"

"The end of the month."

"Well I'll support you." My voice cracked.

"Kelly don't cry." He wiped my tears. "I don't have to go."

"Yes you do. This is big for you and you'll be able to see your parents."

"I know but I don't want to leave you guys."

"We could call and visit during the summer."

"Ugh. I love you so much Kelly."

"I love you too Kyle."

"How am I going to tell Aubrey?"

"I don't know but she might understand."

"Yeah the.." My phone started to ring. I picked it up off the night stand and looked at the caller id. Trevor Williams.

"Hello?"

"Uh is this Kelly?"

"Yes, who is this?"

"Trevor. I got the results back."

"And she's yours."

"Yeah she's mine." He cleared his throat. "Can I meet her?"

"Yeah, is it okay if you wait until she get her cast off."

"Yeah that's fine."

"Goodnight."

"Goodnight." I hung up the phone and laid on Kyle's back.

"Who was that?"

"Trevor, he wants to meet Aubrey."

"That's good." He yawned.

"Kyle go to sleep." He didn't reply so I knew he was sleep. I stayed up and watched tv.