Chapter 22

THE END! Hi guys, I've been super busy with college. I just graduated last month with a Bachelor's in Biology (minor in Applied Statistics). I'm currently preparing for graduate school. That being said, I had hopes to end this story by now, but life got in the way. There is not much left for Annaliese. At this point it would be more filler (in my opinion). I might add update chapters after the story is "finished".

I have a feeling that we all can appreciate the end of this story when reflecting on where the story started with Brittany. There will be a moral to it, as I am not the same teenager that started writing. Many people hated Brittany, which I did not see happening when I wrote her. :) People felt sorry for Kyle, again shocked me at the time. There were just a lot of aspects I did not consider when writing and you guys did. Thank you guys for supporting me. I see all the comments, all the follows, and all the likes. I appreciate each and every one of you. I never saw myself as having any platform or followers. Thank you guys for being with me through it all. Through the books, you guys have been with me through life. I attended high school, graduated, found my partner, went to college, married, bought a house, got a pet, and graduated college. All of this happened whilst being with you guys. I know most won't read this, but thank you for reading.

All that being said, the story is NOT over! We still have a few left in us. By the time you read this, I am already finished with the story and will be uploading the final chapters. Thank you guys for being a friend! Much love, Bubbliez!!

I picked up my dad's abandoned journal on the dresser. It's times like these I need his opinion and company.

June 1,

I love seeing Anna's face. I can see her mom's beautiful features when I look at her. Her smiles are priceless. I can't thank Brittany enough for taking care of her and nurturing her. I honestly can't thank Zach enough for being such a great father to her.

It makes me happy to know her life is going so well. She looks so content. I feel terrible for shaking up her life so much. I feel like I don't bring enough to her life for all the changes I'm bringing. I would be happy and content just knowing she's happy. Always follow your passions. Listen to yourself and you won't be upset.

I hope one day she gets to read this, and if she does I want her to know that I love her more than anything. She is my biggest accomplishment and makes me proud by just being herself. I love you, Anna Bug. See you soon. XX -Daddy Kyle

A single tear rolled down my cheek as I closed the book. I can't believe I never got rider this side of Kyle. I was so upset when he came into our life at first. Like I enjoyed his celebrity lifestyle, but I hated that he wasn't Zach. He would never be Zach and Zach would never be my biological dad. Now I understand there is room for both Zach and Kyle, but as a kid I hated that I couldn't have the simplified life of just Zach. Zach was always enough as a dad, and I didn't want or need another. I have room in my heart for Kyle, but I was so overwhelmed back then. I wish things could have gone differently, but there is no point yearning for yesterday. The most I can do for Kyle is mourn him and appreciate his life. I guess I can follow my passions too, and make sure that I am happy just like he wanted.

After reading Kyle's journal, I just need my grandparents. They make me feel like Kyle is still with me.

I walk down to my grandparents's living room. They are cuddled together talking. They quite as I enter and sit between them.

"Grandma, Pops, I need you guys."

"What's wrong?" Grandma asks.

"What's on your mind, Sassy?" Grandpa asks, while pulling me closer.

"I read dad's last journal entry. I read it looking for answers about my life, but I just lost my train of thought and felt sad. I think I got the overall lessons, but I don't know how to apply it."

"Baby Girl, there were no lessons to be learned. Your dad just poured his thoughts and heart into writing everything down. He had no intentions or motives. All he ever wanted was for you to be happy." Grandpa kissed my forehead. "And to your problem, just pick where you think you will be most happy. The pursuit of happiness makes life worth living. We all love and are proud of you regardless of any choices. We love you more than anything." Grandpa leans in for another forehead peck after finishing talking.

Grandma leans in, "And you will always have us being your biggest supporters." We squeeze into a final hug. "Oh, and pick whichever boy you think makes you feel more loved." My eyes widen as she winks. "I know a love triangle when I see one. You think Grandpa was my only guy?" A laugh escapes her lips, and she gives me one kiss on the cheek as we separate.

I know who I am going to pick.

I grab my phone on my bed and send three texts.

Meet me at my grand parent's house tomorrow at 1pm. I have made my decision.