Chapter 20

A quick knock comes from my bedroom door. I try to muffle out words to, "come in."

Daisy's short bob pops up behind the door. "Hey, Anna! I just came to check up on you after you left the party. I heard Liam drive off, and then Alex said you asked him to take you home. What happened?"

My quick breaths hinder my speech. "I-I- kiss *hiccup* ed Alex."

Daisy's mouth flew open. "What happened? I thought you liked Liam? Was it like a quick peck, or a full-on makeout?"

"It was an accident, but it turned into a very real kiss. I do like Liam, but there was something about the kiss and Alex that made me not pull away. I don't know how to describe it, but I didn't want to pull away. I didn't want it to end." A loud huffing noise escapes my throat. "I'm so screwed."

"It's okay, we'll just establish who you like more, and go from there. So, who do you like the personality of more? Who clicks with you?"

"I don't know. I've known Alex since we were kids, but I haven't given time to know him. Liam has been super upfront with me and helped me break down the my walls."

"Alright, just take the weekend to consider your options. Just curious though, how did you feel while kissing Alex?" A small smile creeped on Daisy's face.

"I don't know. I felt safe, happy, and loved. It's like his kiss was exuding all his feelings." A small giggle escapes my lips. "And he wasn't too bad of a kisser."

Daisy hoots. "Get it!"

The night marches on with Daisy teasing me for my star power, and us slowly drifting into slumber. My phone lights up right before my eyes become glued with sandman slumber. One text.

Alex: Good night, Amore. ❤️