Chapter 8

I feel the light blaring through my eyelids. A hushed whispering voice speaks closer to me.

"Yeah, I know. She is great. Don't do anything that might hurt her. Emotionally, she's fragile. If you hurt her, I'll break you." Daisy's voice whispers.

I lay in bed hoping to hear more before riling suspicion.

"Don't worry, I just wanted to be her friend. Although, I think she was starting to like me." I could hear the smile in the guy's voice. "Anyways, he is the one who has the unrequited puppy love."

"Yeah, why do you have this puppy love? I mean she is great, but what made it develop? It's not like she has given you the time of day to get close to her." Daisy asked.

"Well, for your information it's not puppy love. I do love her. We actually use to be close friends before her dad risked his life. She seems to have forgotten that. She just grew so much resentment for me. Her mom tried getting her to give me a chance as a friend. I love her because of who she is. I watch her when she's not paying attention to me. She is so kind and loving to others. She really is charitable and sweet. You've probably learned this, Daisy. I know that I sound creepy, but if she knew that I notice she's a good person, she'd be pissed." A new guy said.

"Yeah, she actually has been showing me herself. She's a great person."

"How about both of us will leave, and you two can just meet us at the mall." The first guy whispers.

"Sure, I-" I mumble and toss around. "Bye, guys!"

"Well good morning, Beautiful!" I turn to see Daisy's glamorous face smiling down.

"Good morning, Lovely. What time is it?"

"Oh, it's like 3 in the afternoon."

"What?! We slept all day?"

"Correction, you slept all day. I've been awake since 10."

"Why didn't you wake me?"

"You looked so peaceful, and it seems like yesterday was a bad day for you. Let's get ready and go to the mall today. There's a shirt I want to buy."

Um, to go or not to go? Honestly, at this point I don't have anything better to do. "Sure, why not?"

"That's the spirit!"

1 Hour Later...

"Hi, Analiese!" I hear a voice call out.

I turn around to be greeted by two faces that I currently have no desire to see.

"Hi, Guys. What a coincidence that you'd be here." I deadpan. I know that this meetup was planned.

"Oh, yeah. What a coincidence." Alexander rushes.

"Okay, let's get to the point. We're sorry. I'm sorry that I ambushed you, and Alex is sorry he exists." Liam cuts in. Alexander's face drops.

"Yeah, I'm sorry. I really would take it back if I could." A single tear leaks down Alexander's long face.

Daisy hugs Alexander. "It's okay, Alex. You didn't know what would happen. You were a kid who was in the wrong place at the wrong time. Kyle was a good man for saving you."

Liam hugs Alex and Daisy in return. "Don't worry, Buddy. You have lived a good life for the both of you."

Anger boils inside of me hearing all of them talk about my dad as if he was destined to die. Before I know it, I'm yelling. "Shut up! You all talk as if it was my dad's time to die. Or that he was going to die anyways. My dad wasn't some organ donor who was on the verge of death. My dad was a healthy man! He was a happy man! He had just found out about me, and we were building our relationship. You just had to be there. You're the reason my dad is gone! If you hadn't been there, he'd still be alive. If you didn't exist, I'd still have my dad." After the words escape my mouth, my feet scramble out of the mall. My feet run me home.

Alexander's POV...

Well that breaks my water gates. I burst into tears.

"I am so sorry, Alex. She has a good heart, I just think that she needs help." Daisy soothes me.

"What a..." Liam leaves the sentence open.

"You know, Guys, no matter how hard I try, I fail."

"She'll come around." Daisy speaks optimistically.

"It's not that. Kyle, Analiese's dad made me promise him something. When he was shot I ran to him to help. He was clutching my hand. He smiled to me and said, 'What's your name?' I answered. 'And how old are you, Alexander?' I told him five. 'I have a daughter about your age. She's beautiful. She'll be a stunning woman, just like her mother. Too bad I'll never see her age.' His smile faltered. 'I need you to do me a favour, can you?' I told him that I'd do anything. 'My daughter is going to be very hurt when I'm gone. Can you watch after her? Try to love her. She is going to need all the love that she can get. Now, I'm not giving you permission to date my daughter.' He laughed as blood pooled out of his mouth. 'Tell her that I will always love my little princess. I love her.' He made a small gasp of air and released with, 'Analiese.' He became still and frozen. From that day forth I have tried to make Analiese feel less alone. I don't do it for me, nor her. I do it for Kyle. He saw her heart, and I know it's there. She just has built up walls. I am not going to tear those walls down, I am just going to work with her to open the doors."