Chapter 11

Beep Beep

I can hear a close beeping noice. What's that? Last thing I remember is talking to Alexander.

"Brittany, she's going to be okay, Honey. Doctors said that after the transplant she is in the clear. All she needs is rest. You don't have to come down immediately. I know, but you have other kids to care for. I'll call you when she's awake. Alright, love you!" I hear Grandma put down something. Probably her phone.

"Is she okay?" Grandpa asks.

"Yeah, she's just super worried about our girl."

"I can't believe this happened. They were both two young healthy teens. I thought after Kyle she was in the clear. And that boy...he was the epitome of health, why did he sacrifice himself? This isn't fair." Grandpa's voice cracked.

"Ssh, Ana can hear, and she shouldn't hear about this until we can come up with a way to tell her. Brittany never explained her sickness to her." Grandma chastises Grandpa. Wait, what sickness? I am healthy! And who sacrificed himself for me? "I better bring the friends back in the room. They all have stayed here since the incident. Go get them."

The door closes with a thump. I can smell Grandma's apple scent get stronger. I feel a soft pressure to my temple; grandma leans away ending the kiss. "I love you more than life, Analiese. You're the last thing that your Grandpa and I have of Kyle. We'll do anything to protect you. Please come back to us." I feel a single drip of water hit me, Grandma's tear.

The door opens and closes again.

"Is she okay?" Daisy asks. I hear a heavy set of footprints walk near me. A large hand grasp mine.

"Come on, Sweetness. Wake up, Beauty. Please." Pine. Liam. He kisses my hand softly.

"Be careful, Charming. That's my granddaughter, and if you keep holding her hand I'll snap your's." Liam withdrawals his hand. Of course Grandpa had to end the most action I've seen this week.

"Where are the other children?" Grandma asks.

"I sent the siblings home. I figured it would be best if Ana woke up with a smaller crowd." Why didn't they mentioned Alexander? What's going on?

I try to open my eyes. They feel like Beyonce's bank account sat on my eyes. Heavy.

"Her eyes! They moved!!" Liam yells.

I try again. No success.

I try one more time to open. A bright light molests my sockets. A few blurry figures stand in front of me. I blink for clarification. I feel like I just spent my check, and am now blinking to see if the decimal will move to the right any, or if the figures will change.

Liam is the first person to come into focus. As soon as his handsome features come into focus, I switch my attention to the next person. I keep readjusting until everyone is in focus.

"Wait, where's Alexander?" Everyone's eyes dart. Daisy starts to tear up.

"Well, you see Alex kind of helped you."

"What does that mean?" I ask Daisy for clarification.

"So, he sort of donated to save your life!" Daisy yells.

"What! Where is he? Can I see him?"

"Well, about that." Daisy breaks down in tears.