Chapter 9

I'm back!!! Sorry about my little sabbatical. 😊 I bought a new house, got a new dog, and celebrated my one year marriage anniversary. 😁 BTW, my puppy's name is Arthur (he's named after Red Dead Redemption 2, Arthur Morgan). That's what I get for marrying a nerd. 😂 I included a photo of Arthur if anyone is interested. Sorry for the bad quality, I have a cheap temporary phone. Alright, well I'm shooting for finishing this up within the summer. Fingers crossed! 🤞 Enjoy the reading!!

Analiese's P.O.V.

It's been five days since the Alexander thing. So far, I've just sulked around the house avoiding everyone. Mom leaves today.

"Alright, Honey! Well I love you, and try to forgive. I'll check in with you and the Grands to see how you're doing. I love you more than anything, Cupcake!"

"Love you, Mom! I'll try." I back away from the door as my grandparents say their goodbyes.

"Alright, PissyIssy, time to leave my premises."

"Thanks, Grandpa. I feel so loved." I deadpan.

"Well, I've got two weeks worth of time to make up with your grandma." He winks at Grandma.

"Eww!! All you had to say was, Give us alone time.' That was a major TMI, Grandpa!"

"Well, it's getting you out of the house, isn't it? I mean I can say more if you'd like."

"Nope! I'm leaving." I walk to the door.

"Bye, Sweetheart, be safe! I love you!"

"Love you too, Grandma."

"Don't be home too soon, Shortcake. Love you!" Grandpa ushers me out the door.

"Love you too, Pa." I turn around to stick my tongue out at my grandpa, only to see he was already sticking his out at me.

Click!

The smell of the crisp Cali air slaps me in the face.

"Hey, Neighbor!" Daisy shouts from across the lawn. "What's up, Girl?"

"Nothing much. I just have to kill two minutes until my grands finish making up for lost times." Daisy burst into a fit of giggles.

"Girl, you don't give your grands enough credit. Those two are like young kids. They're always giving each other googly eyes."

"I know, and it makes me want to throw up."

"You know, since you have time to kill, you should go with me and some friends to the beach."

"I guess, who's coming?"

"Justin, Jackson, Jacob, Jessica, Jayden, Jordan, Alex, and Liam," She list off all the people.

"Wow, that's a lot of 'J' named people."

"Yeah, their parents had a thing about having enough kids to start a 'J' cult. They're all pretty cool though. There are three boys and three girls."

"Sure, I'm down!"

"Cool, they'll be here to pick us up in ten minutes."