Chapter 3

Wow. So, my dad was kind of creepy. I always wondered why he carried the torch for my mom for so long. I still don't get it, but I feel like if I read any time he mentions having the hots for Mom, I will just get more disgusted. Being nosy is so fun though. Let's read!

"Dear Diary,

It's really weird. I was visiting Mom and Dad today. For some reason they have pictures of this little girl everywhere! I thought maybe it was just my friend Alessandro's baby, or even Quan's nephew. The baby is covered in frilly pinks though. She is wearing dresses. Whenever I ask them, my mom claims that it's a friend's grandbaby, but she doesn't have any friends. I once mentioned that the little girl reminded me of Brittany and they became stiff, and quickly changed the subject. I mean, she could be Brittany's, but they don't know Brittany. Plus, Brittany doesn't have any child. I should know, because nine months ago Brittany was only with one person. Wait- NO! It can't be! Could I be a father?!"

This is too much drama. I need to join the land of the living. I'm going downstairs.

(A/N: I didn't mean to make a pun about Kyle's death.)

"Mom, can I have money for food? I want Hollywood food."

My mom peels her head out of "her room." The room was originally Kyle's, but when he moved out my grandparents made it into my mom's room. "Here's $50. That ought to last you for two hours."

Mom laughs at her own joke.

"Very funny, Mom. I'll be back before eight."

"Oh, Honey! You have to take Quan's nephew with you in order to go."

"But Mom!! He's all tall and he will stick out."

"He's not that tall. Californians aren't short anyways. He won't stick out. You might; however, have girls hit on him, because he is handsome. If Momma was 18 years younger, I wou-"

"MOM! EW!! You would not be doing anything. Fine, I'll take him."

"Wait! Take a picture of him. I need to send it to Delilah."

"He's Delilah's nephew!"

"Really? Delilah never mentioned a nephew. Especially one close to your age. Do you know who his dad is?"

"I think that he said Logan."

"Aw, Logan? Logan is my favorite brother of Delilah's. He was always so sweet - and if my memory serves me right - he's handsome." Mom winks. "Maybe Liam will be just like his dad."

"Mom, you're married. He's not that good looking anyways."

"You admitted that he is handsome!" A groan escapes my lips. "I'm just teasing you, Sour Puss. What's the fun in having a daughter if I can't joke about being a MILF?"

"And on that note, I'm out."

"Don't forget your handsome hunk!"

I walk back to the living room. "Liam, we are leaving. I have money and I'm hungry."

"What? Are you sure that you want to leave? You just got here."

"That's what makes me ready to leave. I have to take you, so let's go. Take me to a place where I can fill up fast. I want to go meet actual friends quickly."

"I can be your friend. According to my dad, Brittany- I mean your mom- is a close friend of his. I would love to meet you."

"Yeah, I'm not really into the whole "parents were friends, so we're BFF's" thing. Listen, all I really need is for you to exit the house with me. After I get out, we can go our separate ways."

"I really want to actually be your friend. At least let me take you out to eat and spend today with you."

"Fine! Let's go."