13

Dad came around and gave out every ones schedules and I quickly scan over mine. During second year you were given more free time to self study so you could decide on what electives to take next year. And since I had the next hour free along with the other Slytherin second years I told them all to come with me. We spent the next hour going over defensive spells, by the time Transfiguration was about to start we were all smiling and a little tired from the magic usage, but we were all happy none the less so we could all handle a little exhaustion until lunch.

One the way to McGonagall's lesson Draco and I smiled at a few first year snakes that were sat talking to a few curios Hufflepuff's and Ravenclaw's about the guidance orbs I had created. My plan was working a lot better than I had expected. Before reaching class I see Siren with her new friends and ruffle her hair slightly without ruining it. She giggles as I do making a few of the passing students stumble slightly at the bell like sound. I really needed to figure out what her creature inheritance was but I wasn't sure how to ask with out it sounding rude. It wasn't as if I could just ask 'What are you?' especially if she wasn't aware of it herself.

"Draco. Would you father accept being my Proxy?" The blonde looks startled at my sudden question but soon shakes himself out of it and nods. "Yes. I suspect he would be honoured for you to trust him enough to do so."

"If I write to him will you send it for me? Dumb-as-a-door has been watching Accius closely lately" I roll my eyes as I speak. Dumbledork had been trying to figure out who I was writing to last year on the dew occasions that I would send off a letter during meal times to Gringotts. Draco agree to allow me to use Apollo, his eagle owl, to communicate with Lucius.

I would have to write to him after Charms since we were free for the rest of the day. We great Minnie as we walk in and I give a prideful smile when I see the pear tree is still in the corner of the room, Bipsy and Chip were happily picking from it while the other students came on. When the last of the Ravenclaw's and Slytherin's are seated Minnie goes to start her lesson but is stopped by my house-elves. Bipsy and Chip see me as they were leaving and skipped over excitedly.

"Misses Potter! Did Misses sleep well? Dis Misses eat enough. Bipsy is worried about Misses. Bipsy and Chip didn't see or hear from Misses last night." I hush them quickly and move from my seat to kneel in front of both of them, shocking the Ravenclaw's who had never seen me interact with my house-elves before.

"I'm fine. I went straight to sleep after meeting my newest snakes and Draco made sure I ate enough at breakfast. I'm sorry for worrying you both so much." They both relax at my tone as I speak to them gently. I shock the others further when the two small creatures give me a hug before going back to the kitchen, but not before placing two pears on the table for Draco and I. I roll my eyes at how protective they are but don't argue. I get back into my seat and transfigure Draco's pear into a vivid green granny smith apple. He really didn't like pears. My blonde bestie smile at me in thanks and moves the apple off his parchment while we both turn back to the front.

"I apologise Professor for interrupting the lesson."

"Not to worry dear. 5 points to Slytherin for the wandless Transfiguration and a further 10 for the excellent treatment of house-elves." She gives me a rare proud smile that makes a warmth bloom in my chest, I duck my head in slight embarrassment while thanking her. She moves on with the lesson and we worked on turning our familiars into water goblets. Astara refused as kept 'running' from me making the students laugh. Even Minnie chuckled in front of the others. I had given up with trying to catch the snake when she threatened to crawl up a students robe.

Sighing I take a small block of wood from the shelf and turn it into a baby Python. Sitting back into my seat with a sigh I shake my head at my familiar who was now happily curled around Draco and turn a piece of wood into a baby Python before turning it into a Silver goblet with a deep olive green marbling. I then got bored and decided to create a green glass decanter with silver vines on the body and stopper. Minnie was very impressed and gave me 10 points and another 10 to Draco for his elaborate gold chalice with lapis lazuli.

When class was over everyone turned their creations back to their familiars and happily packed away their things before leaving. Since I used a block of wood to make my goblet I didn't bother turning it back and moved both the goblet and the decanter onto Minnie's desk for her to decide what she wanted to do with them. Apollo was sat on one of Draco's shoulders while Astara was still wrapped tightly around his torso.

"Aunt Minnie you can keep them if you want and if not see if dad wants them." I quickly give her a hug before grabbing my bag and pear from my desk with Draco following after. ~Are you mad at me?~ Astara questions me in a sad voice making me stop. Since Draco had heard her his he stopped as well looking as Astara who looked as if she was trying to hid from view.

~No my hatchling. I'm not mad. I understand why you didn't want to be turned into a goblet, but you also know that I wouldn't have let you get hurt.~

Knowing I wasn't bad at her she uncoiled from Draco and I hold my arm out so she could climb onto me without having to go on the floor. Once she is comfortable she happily nudges her face into my neck. I smile at her and place a kiss on top of her scales before continuing on my way to the hall for lunch.