19

Lockhart ended up having to spend 2 days in the infirmary since he had broken a few bones when he fell down the stairs, something Astara takes great pleasure in. Minnie ended up asking me to cover his lessons and skipping my own since I was already a head. Everyone seemed to love me teaching them and they all learnt more with me then they did in the day the Lockhart was teaching. Perhaps I could start the duelling club early for all the students 2nd year and up. If the idea was approved by more then 3 teachers then I would be allowed to start the club even without Dumbledorks permission. Since I was trying not to change too many details about Hogwarts I was thinking of keeping the name 'DA' but instead of standing for 'Dumbledore's Army' It would stand for 'Defensive Arts'. 

It was currently midnight and I was sneaking out of the Slytherin common room, I had the invisibility cloak around me and I had left Astara in my room for tonight as well as Leon, who had his own room attached to mine thanks to Hogwarts. I would bring her with me next time and maybe Leon if he was up for it. I quickly speed walk to Moaning Myrtles bathroom. When I get there I can't help but do a little happy dance as I walk in. Thankfully the cloak hid me because if anyone had seen what I had just done they would probably think I was insane.

I walk over to the sinks and find the one with the snake engraving on it I run my left index over the engraving before speaking in Parseltongue ~Open~ I watch in amazement as the sinks move apart before. The sink in front of me rises into the air and I look down into the opening. I decide to give a certain idea a go ~Stairs~ I was happy to see that some of the stones slid out of the wall enough to be used as a staircase. 

Smiling I walk down the stairs, careful not to fall off the edge, when I get to the bottom I take out my wand "Lumos Maxima" The tip of my wand lights. I look up at the opening, I didn't want to risk anyone else coming down here so I order it to close. Once everything is back in place I take of the cloak and wandlessly shrinking it to the size of a tissue before putting it in the pocket of my hoodie.

I carefully walk over the collection of animal bones and over to the snake skin. Snake skin was actually used in a lot of potions so I shrink that down as well and transfigure a bird skill into a small box to place it in. Since it was only for temporary use I didn't but any effort into the box and left the colouring and texture how it was. It was cute but also creepy since you could tell it was made out of bone. I put the box into my pocket as well.

I continue on and come to a second door, this one was circular and kind of looked like a bank vault except the lock comprised of several metal snakes the each held onto a bar with their mouths. ~open~. The snakes let go of the bar one by one as it begins to move. The bar ended up being another snake that slithered around the outline of the door once before entering a hole at the base. The wood slowly swings open and I step in side only to roll my eyes. Of course Salazar would have a giant sculpture of his head at the bar of the room in the very centre. He also added a more demon like appearance by making his eyes hollow making them look like dark pits while also having his hair stand out as if he was underwater. 

The founders were each dramatic in their own right. 

I walk over and take a deep breath before turning around, my back to Salazar, not entirely happy with what I had to say next ~Salazar Slytherin, most powerful of the Hogwarts four, speak to me.~

I close my eyes just encase and I hear the stone mouth drop open before a loud hissing noise fills the air. I fight every urge in my body to turn around and look but I knew it would kill me if I did.  

~Who dares to walk me?~ The voice was female, something I wasn't expecting for some reason I always thought Salazar's familiar was male. Shaking away my thoughts I respond before she decides to eat me. ~I am Adaline Potter, Lady of Hogwarts~

~You may face me, I have my protective lids closed~ I take a breath and slowly turn around as I open my eyes to see the Basilisk not to far from me. Her scales were a shade of blue so dark that it reminded me of the deepest parts of the ocean, She also had a cluster of green scales on the top of her head that formed the outline of a diamond shape. The same shape and design was on the fins of her tale. I think some people forgot that Basilisk were primarily water creatures. 

I reach my hand out to her and she lowers her head, smiling I place my palm on her scales. She closes her eyes and leans into my touch. While she not looking I wave my hand and let my magic pulse through the room. The cracks in the stone pathway and snake statues disappear. The stone itself become more polished and the statues rise up slightly to how they were before. Each stone snake opens their mouths as if to hiss only for water to spill out and start filling the empty pool below. Any algae and stairs disappear and lily pads form on the water with pink and white flowers blooming. The room was beautifully lit with sun and moon crystals that were scattered across the ceiling, looking like stars. 

The Basilisk next to me gasps as she looks around at the improvements to her home. ~Oh, Thank you. Thank you~ I giggle as she wiggles her tale like a puppy before wrapping herself around me. Since she was so big my entire body was covered by the send coil. ~Your welcome, young one. Do you have a name?~ I stroke her scales as I talk and she unwraps herself enough that I could not see something other then scales. ~No, My last master didn't name me~

I was going to hit Tom next time I saw him I think for a moment and turn my gaze tot he room, trying to find inspiration for her name. My eyes land on the water and a smile appears on my face. ~How about Nimue. It means Lady of the Lake.~ 

She looks at me and tilts her head looking completely adorable ~Nimue. I like it. Thank you Mistress~

~Please don't call me that. You can call me Addy or any other nickname you can think of. You must be hungry~ I don't wait for her reply and pick up a few pebbles throw them into the air, as far from me as I could. Before they hit the ground they turned into Acromantulas. I shiver at the sight of the giant spiders before I leave through an archway that was on the other side of the room, leaving Nimue to eat happily. I really hate spiders, they creeped my out too much. 

Turns out the archway lead to the personal library of Salazar Slytherin himself. I stare around me in shock. I was so distracted the I didn't notice of the the portraits moving, when it spoke I jumped into the air in fright with a squeal so high-pitched that I would forever deny came from me.

A/N 

Thank you to @Theatrixi for suggesting the name Nimue. You guys gave me a lot of names to choose from and I like how this one fit to the story. Also pretty much all of you wanted a female Basilisk, how I imagine out beautiful Lady of the Lake to look is in the picture above the chapter. 

The idea of sun and moon crystals came from the witchlight stone in Shadowhunter's but that shine with sun and moon light. Sun crystals are gold and moon crystals are silver.  

Mischief Managed

Livvy XOXO