20

I turn to the voice and see a painting for a study with a potions corner, standing in the middle was a very smug looking Salazar. "Tell anyone and I will slash your frame" I glare while pointing at him. Un fortunately this only increases his amusement and he laughs loudly. I roll my eyes "Oh shut it Zar-Zar" I mock him slightly with the nickname and smirk when he stops laughing and narrows his eyes at me, I walk over to the shelves and running my fingers over the spine of the books. 

I come to a certain collection and freeze. "Are these what I think they are?" I look to Zar over my shoulder, my finger hovering over the books that I'm now too afraid to touch. "You mean is that the complete collection of Merlin's work. and the only copy to exist ever. Why yes, yes it is?"

I turn to the books and as carefully as possible run my fingers over them. I really didn't want to risk damaging them so I used an advance spell to replicate the pages, one book at a time. I then transfigure random pieces of parchment into book covers, I use my magic to bind the covers and pages together to create a new book. I made sure to copy the title of the book onto the cover as well as adding that it wasn't the original. I also added a charm to it so I was the only person who could make a copy of them. I do this for each of Merlin's books and by the time I'm done I had spent an hour here and Nimue had placed her head through the door way, not being able to fit the rest of her body in. 

I walk over to her and stroke her head. ~Full?~ 

~Yes. Do I have to stay here when you leave?~

~I could shrink you down so you could come with me but you will have to keep you eyelid shut and you will need to come down here every now and then~ She gives me a confused look so I move and take a seat and explain what needs to happen. I tell her that she will need to petrify a few students but not harm any of them as I had a plan that needed to be followed. She agrees and I shrink her down. She was now the size of a leopard Gecko and fit in the palm of my hand. I smile at how adorable she was and let her sit on my shoulder as I look through the rest of the books. I decide to replicate every book here and send them to my library, since the rest of the books weren't charmed like Merlin's ones I only had mutter a spell to make copies of them. 

"Can you tell me about the unforgivable curses?" I can tell my question surprises Zar but he looks more then happy to tell me about it.

"Well they weren't always Unforgivable. In fact the creation of them was actually light. Most people have forgotten but the spells were created by the founders. Godric and I created Curio to help young witches and wizards escape when they were attacked since muggles were hunting witches at the time. Rowena created Imperio to act as an interrogation method, a few years later she created what is now as the truth potion or Veritaserum and Helga created Avada Kedavra. She was a medi-witch and was tired of seeing wizards and witches suffer when they were beyond saving by magic and muggle means." I sat quietly and listened to him while I made a note of each spell. I was shocked to find out that one of the kindest witches in existence created one of the darkest spells known to the wizarding world. But the more I thought about it the more sense it made. I can't imagine what it would have been like to be surrounded my those that were suffering and not being to help them. Her only option to stop that would have been a mercy killing. 

I spend the next hour talking to Zar while I made a copy of Merlin's potion book and translated one of Zar's from Parseltongue to English to give to Dad and Uncle Luci. They would become obsessed with them. I take the books for dad with me but send the rest to my trunk apartment since I wouldn't need them now. "Zar is there another way out of her" 

I response the portrait simply nods his head towards a tapestry. "Thank you. I will be sure to visit you soon." I wish him goodnight with a sleep Nimue on my shoulder. When I get back to my room I ask Hogwarts for a tank for the tiny Basilisk to sleep in. I end up to what looks like a moon pool, with a grey stone base the trailed off the a pool area. I place her in to the water and watch as she curls up on a patch of kelp. 

I smile before looking over at Astara who was just starting to wake up and I get ready to deal with whatever mood she will be in when she notices our new roommate. Astara barely liked sharing me with my friends so I didn't know how she would react to a new familiar that I would have to carry around. 

I wince slightly when Astaras gaze immediately settles on the new tank next to her heat rock. ~What's that?~

~What's what?~

~Don't play stupid. What is that?~

I sigh knowing this most likely wouldn't end well ~That is Nimue, she's a Basilisk. I shrunk her so she could come with me.~

~The one from the chamber?~ Astaras tone implied that she was both less then impressed and slightly betrayed that I didn't take her with me. ~Yes. I was going to take you tomorrow but she wanted to come back with me. I will still take you to see the chamber  if you want?~ I try to placate the clearly upset reptile but she simply hisses loudly before turning away from me and going back to sleep. Great now I would have to make it up to her in the morning. Before I go to bed I check on Leon. 

I look around his room and admire it once more before climbing the small ladder up to him. Hogwarts had given him a raised bed in the shape of a house that he had to climb to get to his bed and the lower level was a reading area. The other side of his room held more toys then I could possible imagine as well as a small desk and chair that he could sit at to draw. Leon shared my walk in wardrobe and bathroom. His section of the wardrobe was now a deep shade of blue that contrasted nicely with the pale pink tinted white that I had.

Seeing that he was fast asleep I place a kiss on his forehead and leave him be. I unshrink the cloak and place it back in my wardrobe and take the bone white box out of my pocket and place it with the books I was giving to dad tomorrow. I get changed into my usual night gown and go to bed. I get woken a short while later by the small curly haired boy climbing into my bed with a stuffed teddy clutched in his hands. I give him a sleepy smile and cuddle him close to me as we fall asleep together. 

A/N

I also leave you with this smol bean

I have a big plan for Moony in book three that I have already started planning and can't wait for you guys to read