27

I take a step back from the waist high platform and pull Draco with me. Blaise, who was standing on the other side of Draco, moved with us and the twins came to stand behind me. George on the left and Fred on the right. They both but a hand on my shoulders in a protective and comforting way. I discovered that the boys were very much like Neville in the sense that they were very touchy feely. They loved hugs and cuddles. Especially Fred he was kind of like a kola bear and if he couldn't find anyone to cuddle he would come and steal Leon from me since Leon was just as cuddly. 

Snape and Lockhart stand at the centre marking of the platform before turning away from each other and taking 10 paces. On the count of 3 they spin around quickly and dad casts 'Expelliarmus' with such force that Lockhart gets blasted backwards into a wall, he slides down it and sprawls out on the floor looking slightly dazed as his wand flies from his hand, into the crowd. I jump up and down excitedly, clapping like a child. "Do it again! Do it again!" Multiple people around me laugh at my reaction and dad winks at me while the Slytherins cheer the head of house. A small part of me was hoping that this would knock some of the arrogance from Lockhart but I was sadly proven wrong when he jumps up and leaps back onto the stage to his previous position as if that would reverse his defeat.

"Well, there you have it! That was a Disarming Charm - as you see, I've lost my wand - Ah, Thank you, Miss Brown. Yes an excellent idea to show them that, Professor Snape, but if you don't mind me saying so, it was very obvious what you were about to do. If I had wanted to stop you it would have been only too easy. However, I felt it would be instructive to let them see..." He trails off at my dad murderous look and I see dad smirk in satisfaction when Lockhart gulps loudly.

I step forward. "Professor, if you wouldn't mind I would like to duel with you. As you know I was the one to take over you class while you was recovering. I would like to see how I fair against someone as knowledgeable as you." I lay on the flattery a little thick to get him to agree. The moment he stands up straighter in pride I knew I had him.

"Of course lady Potter."

I pass my bag to Fred and my robe to George. As I step closer to the platform I allow my magic to glow through my skin and morph my school uniform into professional duelling clothes. Consisting of Dragon hide trousers that were tight fitting but stretchy and slightly loose on the ankles, matching knee high boots that were worn beneath the trousers, a loose long sleeve white cotton blouse that had slight ruffled front and collar. Over the top was a black velvet under bust waistcoat that was lined with Dragon hide once more to protect the dueller from most spells. My wand holster became visible on my thigh.

I ignored the stunned looks and accept my fathers hand as he pulls me up onto the platform. Lockhart suddenly look nervous while everyone else becomes excited. Well everyone except Ron and Hermione who where still trying to get me to be friends with them even after all of my attempts to push them away. 

I walk over the the centre marking and Lockhart copies before bowing to me. I however didn't move the bow back.

"Aren't you going to bow. It's customary. How could you be so rude to a professor?" I roll my eyes slightly and face the bushy haired Gryffindor. "I will bow once he has earned my respect. Also its only customary to bow if the two duelling share the same tittle. Had he been a Lord I would have. I suggest you relearn wizard traditions before telling me what I should and shouldn't do. Now to the rest of you I want you to watch my wand movement very carefully and tell me what spell I used." 

I turn my back to Lockhart and wait for him to do the same before stepping forward 10 paces. On the 8th I pull out my wand and on the 9th I place a barrier around the Platform to protect the students from any wayward spells. Something Lockhart had forgotten to do or even mention. I surprised none of the students picked up on it since I went over that during lessons.

When I take my final step I turn around and cast a wordless Protego, keeping my wand movements clear. As much as I would love nothing more then to through him across the room I wanted to see if he actually knew any useful spells at all. 

Lockhart takes a page out of dad's book and cast an Expelliarmus which quickly bounces of my sheild and towards him. He leans to the side and it misses him only to him the barrier. The magic was absorbed leaving a spider webbing of blue and white light.

Everyone looked at it in equal shock and awe. Their attention is brought back to me when I hit the heel of my shoe on the ground lightly.

We continues to duel back and forth for a few minutes before I become bored. I cast 5 spells in quick succession.

I protection spell, so I didn't hurt him.
I silencing spell, so I no longer had to listen to him.
I paralysing spell so he wouldn't move.
I shrinking spell to change him size and finally a transfiguration spell to change his clothes.

The end product was a bright pink Teddy bear, ribbon and all, sat on the platform in front of me.

I give a quick bow as everyone appludes. I was tempted to just let the spell wear of naturally but I don't. Instead I turn to the others and nod to dad before speaking. " pair up you will take turns dueling in front of everyone. Disarm only."

Everyone moves to pair up after dad gives them a look and I, reluctantly, undo the spells on Lockhart leaving him daized and confused.