22

It was now October, Halloween to be precise,  and I was currently sat in my dads classroom doing some last minute homework before I was to attend Sir Nick's Deathday party. Dad was watching over Leon while I studied and Astara was currently in the chamber with a full sized Nimue. I look up when I hear Leon break into loud, uncontrollable giggles. I smile when I see dad throwing him in the air slightly before blowing raspberries on his tummy the entire time pulling silly faces. I loved seeing this side of my dad, the side that actually shared emotion with those around him. 

I summon my camera to me and quickly take a few pictures before sending it back. I would develop them later and put a few in dads personal living quarters.  

I finish my homework and see that I still have enough time to take Leon to the kitchen first before we join Nick and his fellow ghosts. I take out a plastic folder from my bag and take it over to dad.

"would you mind reading through these before I send them to Lucius?" I ask as I wave the folder in the air before placing it on his desk. My father nods before passing me Leon and saying goodbye before we leave.

Lucius had agreed to becoming my proxy shortly after I had sent the letter. We now met up twice a month to go over any new ideas that I might have. The orphanage for magical children idea had been approved and was currently being built. They also added a new sector to the ministry to make sure that any magical child that was born in the muggle world would be monitored for signs of abuse.

The M. C. P. D (Magical Child Protection Department) had been running smoothly and over 20 children between the ages of 4 and 10 and been removed from abusive households and placed in temporary care until the orphanage was complete.

The law proposal I had given dad to read over was to the board of education to approve. It was a formal request to have a new subject added to the curriculum. Wizard studies would allow half bloods and muggleborn to learn about the wizarding world. Everything from laws to traditions.

My hope with this is to break blood supremacy. After all most pureblood families hated half bloods and muggleborn because they felt that they were trying to take over their world and change things to match the muggle world. They were afraid of magic being made to be seen as unnecessary. But if young witches and wizards were to learn about the wizarding world in more depth as a younger age then they were less likely to feel uncomfortable in an unknown world. 

I take Leon to the kitchen were Bipsy and Chip were already waiting with a picnic basket and wide smiles. I thank the two of them and Leon follows my lead, waving happily to the small creatures. Before I leave I use my magic to lower everything in the kitchen so it was at the correct height for the elves to work at. This was they wouldn't have to risk standing on rickety ladders in order to cook. 

I place Leon on the ground so he can walk and he takes my free hand in his a skips beside me, swinging out joint hands as he does. I smile down at him, Leon was adorable and despite what he had been through he was so happy and compassionate that it physically hurt my heart to know that he had been through similar abuse as me. I couldn't wait until Christmas break, I would be able to take Leon to Gringotts and officially make him the heir of Le fey and blood adopt him as my brother. 

I continue to guide Leon in the correct direction and let myself relax into the contentment that I was feeling. I knew drama wouldn't be far behind and I wanted to enjoy the moment while it lasted. When we finally make it to the party I take a deep breath to prepare myself for Nick's blabbering about being rejected to join the headless hunt, for what was probably the hundredth time. 

I watch as Leon runs over to Nick, who was talking to the grey lady, and wishing him a happy Deathday. I wave to Nick and pull off my robe and lay it on the ground, transfiguring it into a picnic blanket as I do. Since ghosts were obviously dead they could only eat rotten food, hence why Leon and I had to bring our own. 

Nick takes Leon around to meet the other ghosts of Hogwarts. I only had to interfere a few times when the ghosts started to tell the gruesome stories of how they died. I didn't want Leon to have nightmares later on. The party went smoothly and Leon and I enjoyed our own mini Halloween feast with Leon running around every now and then. The young boy had fallen asleep not long ago so I transfigure an apple into a blanket for him and a marshmallow into a pillow, I had also cast a silencing charm around him to keep the noise out allowing him to sleep comfortably. 

I was packing of food we didn't eat when the headless hunt decided to show up and ruin Nick's birthday. I quickly summon Bipsy to me and ask her to finish packing the food and take it back the the kitchen, there was quite a bit that Leon and I didn't eat so I let her know which containers they were and told her to let the other house elves know to help themselves if they wanted it. Standing up I go over to Nick who was becoming more and more upset by the minute.

"...Your not even fully decapitated, How scary could you possibly be?" I move to stand between Nick and Patrick Delaney-Podmore. I face the arrogant leader for the Hunt and give him my meanest look. "I will have you know that Nick is one of the scarcest ghost at this school, in lead with the bloody baron. Did you know that last year he made a first year pass out when he pulled his head off like a box lid. The only reason why you don't want him as apart of the hunt is because you are threatened by him. Not only is he scary but he can also be compassionate and kind to those around him towards others, a quality you clearly lack. Now do everyone a favour and leave."

With that the headless hunt leave and Nick gives me a prideful look. After he thanks me I wish everyone goodnight and leave them to their party. I carefully lift Leon off the ground and carry him back to our room.

A/N

Finally feeling better. Wanted to give you guys a cute Snape and Leon scene so here you go.

Mischief managed 

Livvy xoxo