26

It was now mid December and Lockhart had, unfortunately, made a full recovery a few weeks ago. I'm not going to lie, I'm going to miss teaching. Maybe that's what I should do for my career. In a matter of days Lockhart had somehow convinced Dumbledork that it would be a good idea for him to make a duelling club despite showing how inadequate he is in the most basic of magic. 

Nothing really happened since I didn't need to find out who opened the chamber, making a poly juice potion wasn't necessary. Although being who I am I made it anyway The only thing that became talk of the school was that someone, Ronald Weasley, had thrown a small fire work into Goyle's Cauldron causing half the class to become covered in a swelling potion. Luckily I had managed to put up a barrier to protect Neville and I fast enough. But the rest of the students weren't so lucky as the quickly made their way over to dad for the antidote. Some had their lips and facial feature so swollen that they had to walk with their heads down because of the weight. Other had to drag their arms and legs. Even Draco had been covered, his nose swelling to the size of a melon. I ended up helping dad give the antidote to speed things up a little. 

I could not wait to have Dumbledork replaced. I was thinking to have Minnie as the new Head of school but if she didn't want to and preferred being a professor then I would fined someone else and she could simply be a stand in. 

I practically skip to where the duelling club will be held, Humming happily as I do, since I was about to witness Lockhart get his arse handed to him by my dad. Astara was wrapped around my shoulders and she had her tail wrapped around Nimue's small form to hold her close so the tiny basilisk didn't fall. Leon was currently with Remus and Narcissa since Cissy wanted to buy him more clothes and Moony wanted to spend more time with him. I had also set the task for Cissy to try and get Moony to take an inheritance test while they were at Diagon. 

I was really hoping that Dumbledork hadn't done anything to Remus since his self confidence was still healing from years of putting himself down. But somehow I knew this was wishful thinking, as he never questioned why Sirius had never been given a trial and still refused to talk about it. Everytime I tried to bring the topic up he would change the topic and if I pushed to topic he would get so angry that is eyes would turn gold, a sigh that his wolf was close to the surface.  

I enter the room and find a bunch of students already there. I stand on the tips of my toes and scan the room to find my friends. When I still couldn't see anyone over the taller students I sigh loudly in frustration only to squeal a moment later when I feel a pair of arms lift me off the ground. I blush profusely look down when I see George lifting me up and Fred standing next to him holding my bag, having caught it when it slid off my shoulder.

Clearing my throat I see Draco's bright hair amongst the crowd so I knew the general direction to go in. I ruffle George's hair and reach over to do the same to Fred before George put me down. They both protest about their hair before fixing the now stuck up strands. They tried to act annoyed but their small smiles said other wise. "Thank you my dear lion hearts." 

It was the boys turn to blush this time and I quickly kiss their cheeks before taking my bag and skipping off to Draco. I smirk to my self as I leave the two stunned red heads behind. When I reach Draco he immediately gives me a short hug in greeting before, turning his attention to the two reptiles and talks to them as if he could understand what they were saying. It was funny to listen to as Draco seemed to guess what they were saying pretty accurately so half the time it sounded like a full conversation. other time Astara and Nimue would just hiss out random words and watch amused as the blonde would have a conversation with himself.

Lockhart enters the room with a flourish that looked childish compared to my dads usual entrance. I roll my eye's and suppress a gag when I hear multiple girls swoon at the sight of him. Draco and Blaise chuckle at my reaction.

He jumped onto the platform in deep plum coloured robes with my dad begrudgingly stepping up next to him. I hold back a laugh as dad send me a 'help me!' look, to which I shake my head and he narrows his eyes at me.

Lockhart waves his arms about to get everyone's attention, as if it wasn't on him already, looking like he was trying to hit a bug from the air. "gather round, gather round! can everyone see me? can you all hear? Excellent! Now Professor Dumbledore has granted me permission to start this little duelling club, to train you all up in case you ever need to defend yourselves as I myself have done on countless occasions - for full detail, see my published works. Let me introduce my assistant Professor Snape. He tells me he knows a tiny bit of duelling himself and has sportingly agreed to help me with a short demonstration before we begin. Now, I don't want any of you youngsters to worry - You'll still have you potions master when I'm through with him, never fear!"

I give dad a 'really?' when Lockhart mentions dads knowledge on DADA, he responds with a sly smirk that makes the other students shiver in fear while I just smile giddily. Its a shame I didn't have time to get a snack from the kitchen. When Lockhart reaches the end of his speech I snot loudly making the others turn to me. Those who didn't like Lockhart gave an amused smile with those who did, mainly the female population, glare heatedly at me.

~~~~

A/N 

I'm going to update Queen of the Basilisk every Monday and Thursday just so I have more time to update my other book in-between.   

Mischief managed. 

Livvy xoxo

P.s I am not adding in Addy's love interest into the plot until 3rd year, just so she's a little older.