11

It was now time for school to start again and I was at the train station with Draco and his parents. Over the last week Fred and George had come over a few times to play small games of quidditch with us and even gave Draco a few pointers for his try-out. Something that surprised all of us since the boys were on the opposing team. The twins brooms were also currently waiting for them in their common room so I wish I could sneak in with Neville so I could watch their reactions, but I would be too busy meeting my new little snakes.

Draco and I make our way onto the train after saying goodbye to his parents. Fred and George had taken my advice and sold their signed copies of Lockhart's books while made duplicates of my ones so they wouldn't get in trouble for not having them. I did the same with the books that dad and I had picked out. The twins, Draco and Neville had agreed to let me tutor them in DADA so they wouldn't fail their exams. I was also going to ask Susan, Mandy and Blaise once we got to school to see if they wanted to join.

The ride over was quiet, Draco and I making small talk while we hear the twins already pulling pranks in the background. Neville also joined us halfway through but he simply fell asleep with his head on my lap and Astara curled up in his robes to keep warm. 

The twins had also sat with us for a few minutes discussing the prank that they want Draco to help them with. To say I was scared for the blonde haired boy was an understatement. The twins had decided to prank my father. Even Draco went impossibly paler at the thought, but since he wasn't one to back down from a challenge he agreed anyway. The twins left once Ronald tried to come in, it was amusing to watch as the twins instantly jumped up and dragged him out by his arms before he could say a word. The boys hadn't come back after that but by the yells and screams it was clear they were entertaining themselves by pranking the first years.

I keep on the black dress I was wearing and simply did my tie loosely under the white collar. I pulled my black school robe over the top and ignored the looks from everyone else while we made out way to the carriages. Astara was draped over my shoulders and my green circlet from last year was resting on my brow but currently charmed to me invisible until I enter the common room.

The lack of correct uniform was simply to annoy Dumbledork. I did the same thing as last year but without the mascots and I could see some of the first years relax when it came to Slytherin values. They had obviously heard the rumours on the way here and were scared of being placed in an 'evil' house. I look at the table and notice my father isn't there. I look around to see if he was somewhere else in the hall but he wasn't.

The hall sits quietly as Dumbledork to do his speech. "This year we have a new teacher joining us. Please welcome Gilderoy Lockhart. The new Defence Against the Dark Arts Professor." Lockhart stands up dressed all in blue and bows I hear a few of the girls at other tables sigh when he smiles. I roll my eyes when I notice that he must of used magic to make his smile have a 'bling' effect. The fact that he was attempting to charm the students honestly made me feel sick since 95% of the students were underage. 

My friends and I all sat at our own house tables for the sorting ceremony but after the food appeared we all moved to sit together at my table. The first years looked on in curiosity but didn't make a move to do anything. Hopefully the first years would see it as normal for houses to mix and go on to do the same. I check the food for charms and give a small nod when I remove the last of them. Since my dad wasn't here they had all turned to me. Even the first years didn't make a move when they noticed that no once at our table had.

When I was about to start eating Dad came in practically dragging Ronald by his shirt collar. Dobby. He must of still tried to stop me from coming and instead got Ron. I had apparated into the station early with my dad since he wanted to spend a few more minutes with me before having to go to school. I smirk knowing that tomorrow morning was going to be entertaining.

Dinner finishes and we all go back to our own common rooms. The first years go last as they had to be guided by the prefects. Draco drags me over to the throne like chair as my crown becomes visible to everyone. I take off my robe and send it to my room with a flick of my wrist, leaving Astara on my shoulder. I feel my familiar move around so she was draped over the back of the throne, while leaving her head on my shoulder. Draco sits on the steps that lead up to the platform and Blaise copies his actions on the left hand side. I give a small smile. This was their way of showing that they were my protectors as well my trusted advisors. 

The first years enter and my dad does his speech from last year before leaving. The first years were about to go to their common room when a prefect stops them and points to me. I give them all a comforting smile. "Congratulations on getting into the snake pit. I expect great things from each and every one of you. Now we have a small secret in our house. I have taught the older years Occlumency and Legilimency due to a few incidents last year I want the minds of my fellow snakes to be protected. I want each of you to be paired with either a second or third year to be able to learn it as well. I want you all to know that I am hear to protect you so I want you all to wear these. If you are ever in need of help simply hold it and I along with the prefects will know where you are in order to help." I stand and hand them a silver tie pin, the pin was a small snake that was coiled around a pea sized emerald. I had given the prefects either a necklace or bracelet version that would guide them to whoever needed help.

"Now you will only have these as first years, by your second year each of you will know how to protect yourselves enough to handle any situation that may happen in this school. I would also like to make it known that the new DADA teacher is a joke and a fraud, you will not be able to learn anything from him so I expect you all the spend on hour with me in the lower common room for an hour once a week so I can teach you. I will teach each year separately so things don't become confusing." I point to the newer section of the common room that I opened last year when I mention the lessons. "Lastly, my door is always open if you need something. I don't care if it something as simple as having a nightmare or if you are feeling nervous about class. You come to me if you need it. Now I suggest you get some sleep, You will need to be at breakfast early to collect your schedules from Professor Snape. Do any of you have any questions?"

I small girl with blood red hair raised her hand shyly and shuffled on her feet. I nod and she lowers her hand, her voice was just as small as she was and made my heart melt at how adorable she was. "Why did everyone wait for you before eating? The other tables didn't do it"

"The houses don't have the same hierarchy as we do so if I'm at the table they wait for me since its polite. It was also brought to my attention that the food is charmed, I can't prove by who, so everyone waits for me to remove that charms before they eat. Now if I'm not at dinner you look towards Professor Snape. He's my father and knows about the charms so he will remove them as well." I debate telling them about Dumbledork but decide against it, I didn't want to overload them with information when they had classes in the morning. 

They all looked shocked and disgusted that someone would place charms on an entire school of students. I wave my hand and a bowl of small wrapped chocolate bars appeared on each able. "Encase you are having a bad day, Chocolate helps. Now if that is all of the questions I think its time to go to bed" I give them a moment to raise their hands but they don't. I give them a smile before going up to bed, Astara following behind me.