18

I was a few minutes late to lesson since I had to collect Leon and Astara from Minnie's class. I wasn't bothered by it though since I had a feeling Lockhart would leave us waiting in order to have a 'dramatic' entrance. I sat between Draco and Blaise while Neville and Seamus sat in front of us. Astara was currently hiding under Lockhart's desk so she could bite him. It wouldn't be enough to kill him just temporarily paralyse him by the end of lesson for a few hours. Leon was sat in my lap again and was currently scribbling in the colouring book that I summoned for him, having the time of his life. He even managed to get Draco to join so he was colouring in a ripped out page, ironically he was colouring in a dragon while Leon was making a purple Lion. 

I ruffle both of their heads and smile when Leon giggles while Draco moans about me messing up his hair. I was still working on convincing him to change his hair style since it looked ridiculous slicked back the way it was since his hair was too long for it. Blaise and I were talking about quidditch and were interrupted when Lockhart comes barging into the room from the office on the upper level of the class.  

I couldn't wait for this lesson to be over so we could go to lunch. I had given my pear to Leon since he wanted a snack and I was happy that he was getting hungry faster. I know that at the beginning I could eat one plate and feel full for the whole day. I had a suspicion that Minnie must have done something to help with his current energy levels. While he was having fun drawing he looked as if he was ready to pass out and considering the amount of sugar he ate this morning that shouldn't be possible. 

Blaise and I roll our eyes when Lockhart appears and I see several other boys in class do the same while the girls took on a 'dreamy' look. "Me. Gilderoy Lockhart, Order of Merlin, Third Class, Honorary Member of the Dark Force Defence League and five times winner of which weekly's Most-Charmin-Smile Award - But I don't talk about that. I didn't get rid of the Bandon Banshee by smiling at her!"

I sigh loudly and rest my head on Leon's as I fell him start to fall asleep. Not wanting this idiot to wake him I cast a wandless barrier spell to tone down his voice. "I see you've all brought a complete set of my books - well done. I thought we'd start today with a little quiz. Nothing to worry about - just to check how well you've read them, how much you've taken in..." He placed piles of paper onto each of the front desks and has us all pass them back to each other. 

"You have thirty minutes. Start - now!"  I read over the quiz and scoff before leaving it blank and simply waiting for the time to be up. The questions had nothing to do with Defence Against the Dark Arts and everything to do with Gilderoy Lockhart. No one was going to care what his favourite colour was or his secret ambition. I make a copy of the quiz and keep the original. If I was going to find a way to over throw Dumb-as-a-door then I had to start building a case. Fawkes had already found proof of last year and given it to Bipsy. 

I found that the phoenix was not Dumbledorks greatest fan as he was been forced into a bonding and wasn't actually his familiar. That alone was a punishable offence as familiars were held in the same regard as magical children. I also had proof that he had purposely left me in an abusive household, going against my parents will, when I should have gone into the care of another magical family. I also had the list of blocks and potions that he had placed in my system along with illegally making himself my magical guardian and stealing from my vault. I needed to wait until I got Padfoot out of prison first before I could do anything as he had suffered because of that old coot as well. 

By the end of third year there would be no more Headmaster Dumbledore. 

I snap back into the lesson when I hear Lockhart start talking again. I knew what was going to happen so I took may wand out and placed it on the table. I kept my hand on it though just encase Leon woke up and tried to take it. I didn't want him to accidently set the room on fire.