12

Shaurya

"A cloudy day is a well earned chance to rest the eyes and the soul, to daydream and breathe in a peaceful reflective frame of mind" Said the RJ with full enthusiasm "with that said here's a fair warning for you all, don't go out without your umbrellas or raincoats. Because heavy rainfall will bless our Chandigarh today. So be ready to welcome first rain of the summer season"

I looked out of the window, Chandigarh is ready to welcome first rain of summer. Rain that'll give us relief from the hot spell of summers.
It'll come, oblivious to the life it'll give. It'll wash the world, quenching soil and the life whom depend upon it. Earth is ready for the rain, for sweet it's drops to quench the dry soil. To fill it with life!

"Sir ji. We've arrived" Makhan informed me as he parked the car outside the The Uptown Olive.
Cool air welcomed me when I stepped out of the car, it waves the tree branches as if in a wild ballgame celebration. Sound of thunder and blue-white lightning flash through graphite sky promising heavy downpour.
People occupying outdoor tables, either started to leave or move inside. As patio umbrellas won't be able to protect them.

Today this downpour will be harbinger of ease for me. I know it in my bones, somehow. What will it be, I just don't know yet.
"We'll be quick" I informed Makhan as I anticipated ease my intuition tells me about and walked inside not wasting another moment.
Kitty was in mood for some Italian and since Bebo don't like Italian much, Kitty requested me to join her. For she hates to eat alone, even as child she always sought someone's company.

I breathe in the aroma of the Italian food as I step into the restaurant pushing the glass door with thick wooden frame.
The uniquely textured brick designed walls produce a smooth yet flowing look and viny plants that clasp to the walls ever so freely give it a natural appearance. The marble tiled floor beneath me gives the restaurant a clean yet warm appearance. Soft music soothing to ears.
This is my first time here and I think that this might become my favorite restaurant.

I look around for my sister, but when I don't spot her I pull mobile out of my coat's pocket to call her. And just then I receive her text message informing me that she will be ten minutes late, as always. Sighing I look for empty table but almost all the tables are occupied.

"Good evening sir, What can I do for you?" a hostess asked as she walked up to me with a bright smile.

"Table for two, please"

Nodding she asked me to follow her.
Seating me, she asked if I want to order something "No, I'm waiting for my sister. Once she's here we'll order something"
Nodding she walked away.

Looking outside through the bay windows near my table, I wait for Kitty.

And few minutes later someone dragged the chair across from me, I looked up expecting Kitty, But to my horror I'd say, It was Anokhi, my jaw dropping.

Tranquility was what I anticipated, and as serene as Anokhi is, her affect on me is always turbulent.

For a minute I just sat there, staring at her not knowing how to react. Helplessly letting myself to bask in her presence, as that's a luxury I've deprived myself of these days.

"What are you doing here" I asked once I forced myself out of the trance, that Anokhi manages to put me in everytime my guards are down.

"Wanted to talk to you" She replied getting comfortable "and since you kept running away from me in the college. I thought" grinning she looked around "a place as nice as this restaurant might help me, I mean you can't run away from here now, can you?" she asked pouring a glass of water for herself.