17

Shaurya

"Shaurya" Lying on the wooden chaise lounge near the pool, Beholding the sunset with the blush like rose patel I was thinking about our new project in Patiala. Whilst pushing away the thoughts of those sweet and luminous brown eyes that today revealed how mad their owner was and she says I've mood swing problem. When Badi ma approached me with a fern green coffee mug in her hand and a wide smile on her face. I know that smile too well, What is she up to?
"I hope I didn't disturb you" she said sitting on chaise lounge next to mine. Passing her a smile I got up to sit "absolutely not"

"Did your father go to college today?" she asked straight up, handing me the cup of hot coffee.
"Coffee?"
"You looked stressed" she replied and yet that smile? "so did Shaan go to college today?"
"Nopes" I replied sipping "you know him"
How irresponsible he is.
"Yes" Badi ma said sighing and looking bored now. I guess I get my talent of changing 'mood' as Anokhi said yesterday in seconds from her "the most irresponsible member in this family"

Undoubtedly

"he's a tough competition for Kitty and Bebo. Or should I say he has left even Kitty Bebo behind in running away from responsibilities and being careless. Come home whenever you want,go out whenever you want and if someone dares to ask just ignore them"

"He's not home again?" I asked
"No" ahh coming from my father not surprising at all "he's been acting like a stubborn bolshie teenager since his divorce. I thought he'll eventually get over it, but I am not seeing any positive signs"
"Just let him be. Act indifferent don't let him see that he's affecting us. If he thinks his bolshie attitude can make us feel guilty-"
"Guilty? Guilty for what? For separating him from the woman who was destroying his life? Yes we pressurised him for the divorce, but it was for this family and his own good. She destroyed his life, we didn't. And instead of being thankful, he's acting like a give years old who has been denied of his favorite candy"

"Don't stress about him" I said gently squeezing her hand and passing a smile "you know he's not worth it. He only ever cared about one person. So why are you stressing over a person who doesn't gives two fu-"
'watch it bro, not in front of badi ma'
"who doesn't give a damn about you or anyone in this family." My father don't deserve badi ma's or chachi's care or their worries. Hell! The way he's taking this family for granted, sometimes make me think he deserved a selfish and cold woman like Aastha Kashyap.

Maybe they both deserve each other.

"I'm worried and angry. Worried for him because he is spending most of the time out and we don't even know his whereabouts. And angry because now at least he should step up and take his responsibilities. He was never a responsible and good father or brother, but now at least he should be a little responsible"
How I wish I could tell her that she's wishing for impossible. Shaan Sabherwal cares for no one. Of course except his beloved ex wife Astha.
"I want him to be a little responsible now at least for you" Badi ma said pressing my hand gently "it's been only four months since your engagement.....at least he could be there at college and be the father you always wanted. At least he should try not to disappoint you"

Chuckling I put still half full coffee mug on the small white round table near "engagement?"
"Yes" she said as a matter of fact "Shaurya the girl you loved chose something else over you. Yet again another person disappointed you. That's why at least he should be there,trying his best to be at least the reflection of father you wanted and deserved"

Shaan Sabherwal was never a father nor he could ever be.
"Shagun never disappointed me. Yes I was angry that again I wasn't the priority but disappointment? Nah. As for dad? Well people disappoint you when you are expecting something" Chuckling bitterly I picked up the mug. Where is she bringing all this from, again? I was frustrated when Shagun walked out of my life, but devastated? No I never was. In fact now that filthy part of mine is happy that she left.