21

Kitty and I both went inside, following Kanchan who lead us to living room. Badi ma sitting on the sofa and smiling brightly looking at the girl sitting on single seater. She wore bright yellow kurti, thick locks of her wavy brown hairs flowing down her shoulders. Black bindi and nosepin, somehow giving her south Indian look.
"So the chubby girl badi ma has been chanting about since last two days, isn't chubby anymore!" Kitty murmured. No she isn't, if anything she looks pretty.

"Shaurya! Why are you standing there come here" Badi called me, when she saw us or rather just me standing at the enterance of living room. Eshana's head turned as she first looked at Kitty and glanced my way for few seconds before looking away. Either that's her attitude or she's just as uncomfortable with this arrangement as I am. I mean c'mon I wouldn't want to meet people who have seen me doing all sort of stupid stuff when I was a kid!
It is embarrassing to know that the other person who is now a stranger once saw you doing stupid things.

'Bruhhhh that shit is embarrassing for the people who think too much. Example : you.
As for the girl, well it must be awkward for her, I mean she's about to have dinner with people she don't really know'

"You don't want to go. Do you?" she said in hushed tone.

"And why do you think so" I asked her, fixing coller of the white shirt I am wearing.

"Well...you don't look particularly thrilled about all this arrangement to me" she whispered loudly.

"Hell yeah I am not. And specially now after seeing Badi ma's four forty volt of smile and the way she eagerly called me there" Slipped out of my mouth before I knew.

"Don't worry this dinner is gonna be harmless one." I immediately looked at Kitty, and sensing me looking at her she too looked up at me "I mean it's just a dinner. A harmless dinner, that's all it is." she added and patted my shoulder, smirking.
"Shauryaa Bhaiyaaaa! Come on now Tai ji is calling you" Kanchan said coming towards us "And Kitty go and change you are stinking"
"And how do you know. You didn't even stand near me for a second" Kitty replied rolling her eyes.
"I don't need to stand near you to know that you must be stinking. Your damp from sweat clothes and hairs are enough to tell me" Kanchan replied once she reached us "Anyways Shaurya Bhaiya, shall we?" Kanchan said holding my left arm and tugging.

"Oh lemme check what other options do I have?" I said looking up at the ceiling pretending to think of something, while scratching my forehead with index finger "Shit turns out I have only two options. A go with you, B choose A"

In response Kanchan laughed, a little too loudly. Grabbing everyone's attention in living room. While Kitty just scoffed "Don't be so dramatic bro" saying she patted my shoulder twice before walking away. And without wasting a single second Kanchan pulled in the living room.

Anokhi

Writing the last word, I closed the register and putting cap on pen I got up eyeing back profile of our eco professor who was busy looking something in a register in his hand, standing near his table. Tearing my eyes away I started collecting my things that are scattered over the table today unlike usually. Naina didn't come since she wasn't feeling well, so I had to mark important points in book for her while writing notes. Which ultimately resulted in messy desk. Eco's book and pencil lying on one end, bag on the other. Black pen lying near bag, but it's cap nowhere to be seen. Grabbing my bag, I started to put my book and register in while my eyes searched for the pen's cap. I absolutely hate pens without cap.

"Miss Bhalla. You haven't submitted your economics assignment" Shaurya sir said from behind, startling me. I turned to face him, he was still looking down in the register probably looking for other names.
"Yeah, just a second." I said putting my bag on table. I searched for the blue file, I clearly remember I was going to put- "Shit" I muttered slapping my forehead.
"What happened" Shaurya sir asked.