23

Anokhi

"In my room"
"Wait here" saying she left.

It wouldn't matter how many heads I turn today, to be honest I neither care nor want that. One head that I'd have absolutely loved to see turning, watching me in awe, complimenting me won't be there. But then I doubt he would care much after the stunt I pulled yesterday. He didn't look very thrilled with what I initiated once he was back to normal.

Yesterday

That knock on the door was like someone has just poured a bucket of ice water on me on a chilly winter evening. Every part of my body was shaking, my legs trembling so badly that standing seems to be getting a difficult task with each passing second. My heart hammering in my chest.

"Now you gotta go Anokhi" sternly he said coming back into the room. His playful tone now gone.
Mata rani, what was I going to do? I asked myself.

I nodded without looking up at him, the stunt that I pulled and the stunt we were about to pull was.....'uggghhh he's your professor for crying out loud' yelled the part of me that's actually using those precious braincells of mine. While insane me pouted, that's the part that is dominating me, the part that's unhappy with interruption. The part that will land me in trouble one day, for sure.
Fixing my hair, so that there's not even a slightest hint left of what we failed to do. I walked towards the door, my eyes glued to the floor, legs trembling so badly that I am afraid I'll topple. It wasn't just the fear that someone could have caught us. It isn't just the fear that I will be thrown out of the college. It's shock as well, the fact that sane me couldn't even comprehend what I initiated.

A cold, firm grip on my shoulder stopped me just when I was about to leave the room. He turned me to face him, but I didn't look up. I am way too shaken by what I did to look up at him. Too ashamed of myself, of that part of me that do not regret this. The part that still wants to complete what I started.
"Keep your head high Anokhi" he said holding my chin and making me look up at him. I kept my eyes still glued to the floor. "Look up" his commanding tone forced my eyes to look up, to look up in those warning eyes.

Shit! He's mad
"You look shaken. If you walk out like that.....your mates will start asking questions and it doesn't look like you will be able to answer anything"

"I am so sorry.....I didn't mean to..." I susurrated.

"Of course you didn't mean to. I know that very well" he sighed with a low snigger "So no need to feel guilty about something that's not your fault" he said running his fingers through my hair, fixing them "and always keep your head up Anokhi. Don't let someone else's fault make you feel ashamed"

Is he-is he blaming himself for what I initiated? Or is he being sarcastic?
"But it's my fault you didn't-" pressing a finger against my lips he shut me up.

"Come here" he pulled me to the sofa near and asked me to sit before leaving.
Few minutes later he returned with a glass of water in his hand.

Kneeling before me he gave it to me "sit here until you are calm"

"Here?"

"Yes here, no one comes here. I'll close the door before leaving and no one will see you sitting in here even if in case someone comes to my office looking for me. If you hear the knock on the door don't answer it. And you can leave once you feel like" saying he got up and left.
Without giving me a chance to say anything.

Present

I highly doubt he would want to see me. Which is in a way good, cause in all honesty I am too embarrassed to face him, after what I did.