27

Anokhi

"Why ain't you coming to college?" I read his text message for the third time when I picked up my phone to check for today's notes. I planned to skip college this whole week so I asked one of our classmates to WhatsApp me notes daily. I received his text about two hours ago, while I was going through those notes.

Me being me opened it immediately but after reading his question to which I have no proper answer, I didn't reply him. And hence here I'm looking at that text for the third time. Wondering if he even have the slightest idea of our short lived make out session. Of course he doesn't, cause if he had he wouldn't ask me this question. I told myself and a wave of relief and annoyance washed over me. If he doesn't remember then it's pretty good, things will be less awkward to handle. And this scenario is giving relief to a part of me, that part which is still sane. Meanwhile the part that have been completely screwed over by my eco professor, a major part of me by the way is unhappy at that prospect. It was the first time I held on to someone as if my dear life dependent on it. First time I let someone be that close to me. First time when I actually liked....no loved someone being a lil bit aggressive with me. Someone pushing me, pinning me to the wall, someone pulling my hair, someone's tongue and teeth against my skin. Those were the things I never thought I'd like and here I am still replaying that particular part in my head over and over again. Trying to remember all those toe curling sensations, even wishing we could do it again. I would absolutely hate it if he forgets all that, the moment that was special for me.

But then I guess it is infact better if he forgets it, because if he does remember all of that then it would not only make things hella awkward between us but chances are he would absolutely hate that.
"Will you stop staring at your phone's screen?" Naina's hoarse voice pulled me out of my thoughts "god I don't think even Krisha stares at her phone like that"

"Like what?" I asked putting my phone on center table, again without replying.

"Who stares at their phone's screen with that far off look in their eyes?"

She was feeling much better today, so Krisha brought her here for change "Vaishali didn't send me accounts' notes today, so I was just-"

"Oh please-" Naina cut me off by waving her now way too thin hand "Anokhi I am still recovering and the last thing that I want is sitting here and hear you yearning for notes" saying she stretched her legs and hands.

Krisha stepped in from the balcony that's connected to living room and closing the door behind her asked "so what are you both planning to order?"

"I want a large pizza for myself, as for this girl here well all she needs is her accounts' notes. I am sure ones she have them she'll be content" I threw a pillow at Naina, which she caught before it could hit her face and smirked "just because I am thin and look weak doesn't mean I am not as agile as I was before"

"So pizza it is" Krisha asked for confirmation and I nodded.

After placing order she came and sat beside me when the doorbell rung and she went to answer it. A hint of frown settled upon her face the moment she saw who it was and seconds later her head turned in my direction "you have a guest" she said to me. I stood up and walked towards the doorway, my heart already thumping as if it knew for sure who it was standing....And there he stood wearing a purple shirt and black pant, looking as good as he always does. Truly a nightmare dressed like a daydream! thinking I sighed audibly and involuntarily.

Beside me Krisha cleared her throat and a frown settled on Shaurya sir's face.
"Si-sir!?" frown upon his face hardened and his jaw moved so slightly that if I wasn't paying close attention to his face I'd have missed it.
"I want to talk to you" he said tightly and then his gaze moved to Krisha but only for friction seconds and then it settled back on my "alone"