14

Anokhi

"If anything else not so good is about to happen with me, now is the time" I muttered looking up at the dark sky shielding my eyes from raindrops with my hands, when I accidentally stepped into a small puddle. Just then a car splashed muddy water on me, this time soiling not just my white patialla but my light blue kurti too.
Opening my arms I looked at the car "THANK YOU"
Then looked up "Thank you to you too. You never listen to me when I seriously ask for a favor. But of course you listened to me this time" As if in response thunder rumbled through the sky. "Today's weather is just like his mood and expressions. Unpredictable. Changes in seconds, you never know what will happen next. You expect something and end result is something totally different. By the way just so you know heavy downpour was expected in entire Chandigarh, not just in some parts of Chandigarh." Saying I looked down at my now brown sneakers. My favorite, no actually the only footwear set I've, it is supposed to be white but thanks to me they are now brown, ughhh what the hell am I gonna wear tomorrow for college "It is all because of him" I muttered and resumed walking back home, with dirty patialla, kurti and sneakers.

It started to rain heavily with strong winds, by the time I got home. I rang bell but when Akira didn't answer I called her, turns out she's at Naina's place, which means I have an hour or two, to either complete my stats notes or pace around thinking about today's evening. I thought our today's meeting might give me some peace of mind. But nah! thanks to Shaurya oddball Sabherwal, this meet, this chatter has messed up my whole mood. He straight up lied on face thinking I'd buy that stupid excuse and then behaved strangely. At first he acted as if he can't wait to get away from me and then dragged me to his car, with that I dare you to walk away look.
"Like decide first man." I said to myself

Just what the hell he thinks about himself? Does he really think that he can boss me around? I thought as I walked to my room.
"Ughh! why should I waste my time on thinking about an oddball, who isn't even interested in talking to me? Who thinks that he could boss me around? And above all who's totally confused" Opening my cupboard I looked for something to wear after shower "You are wasting my time" I mimicked him "this was the second and the last time he dragged me to his car. I swear if ever tries to do it again, I'll...." I pulled out cotton baby pink spaghetti strap top and black pjs ".... I'll, ughhh! Nikki this is you wasting your time on thinking about oddball."

Exactly I am just wasting my time, I should take shower and start with my stats notes, he's probably sitting there in restaurant or maybe car and doing God knows what, or maybe I know, he's most probably enjoying his own company. Ha! That's what he was doing while I was talking to him like an idiot.

Stepping into the bathroom and closed the door behind me. "Why is he like this? Don't want to see your face, oh I won't let you leave either. Now I want to drop you home after college as well and few days later I'm going to start ignoring? You wanna know why? Oh well well well I'm gonna lie on your bloody face." rolling my eyes, I sighed.

"Leave it Nikki." I said to myself more firmly this time and taking off my clothes I stepped into shower aka my mood elevator.

****************************

I ran across the Hall to open the door with dripping wet hairs and towel on my shoulder, when the bell rang for the eighth time "Wait a sec" I said opening the door.

"What the hell were you doing" Standing in front of me absolutely soaked Shaurya sir asked.

"You" I wasn't expecting him.
"Yes me" I stepped aside to let him in "you told me I could wait at your place" He stated getting inside.

Rolling my eyes, I closed the door behind me"I thought you would wait in your car or restaurant"

"Well that's what I should have done ideally" He muttered, looking as if not knowing what to do now. As if this is the last place he should be at "but anyways what were y-" He stopped speaking when he actually looked at me from head to toe, after staring at me for a minute, he gulped and looked away. Heat rose to my cheeks and a shiver ran up my spine. I wasn't expecting him, heck considering the way he said never when I offered him to wait at my place I was almost sure he would rather wait in his car. I looked down at my plain black shorts and pink spaghetti straps with quote 'I don't have bad temper. I just have a quick reaction to bullshit'