19

Shaurya

"I heard bhabhi is inviting someone on dinner tonight" Dad said sipping coffee

"Oh you did" I said sarcastically "surprising!"

"What do you mean?"

"Would you be present or....?"

"Of cour-"

"considering the amount of time you spend away from home" I continued cutting him short "and the efforts that you put up so that you won't have to sit with everyone and hence no one can question you about your whereabouts and ask you be a little responsible" I looked up at him from my laptop screen "responsibilities as the director of this institution of course"

He chuckled "I stay away from home and everyone for my mental peace. I am not present there during breakfasts and dinner for that very reason, after all as you can see I genuinely just wanted to have a nice chit chat with you but here you are being bitter over god knows what, instead of simply answering a short simple question." He gave me a tight forced and tiresome smile "I don't want to repeat such scenarios on dinning table as well with you and of course others, so I prefer to stay away. Not because I am afraid that they'll question me about my whereabouts. And as for my responsibilities" putting his empty cup on the table and fixing his coat he said "I don't need you to tell me. Yeah but you need to learn how to talk to your father."

"So now your own family is disrupting your mental peace? By asking or precisely suggesting you to stay away from the woman who basically ruined your life? .....hmmm that's interesting" typing thank you and hitting send "and the woman who doesn't give a fuck about you is your solace, isn't it" closing mail, I looked up at my father who now looked furious "nowadays that's where you are going" his content expressions and that strange smile that's always plastered over his face since last few days were enough to tell me where he's busy. Plus his driver confirmed my doubt.

He usually drivers to Kapurthala himself, but yesterday he took his driver with him. Giving me a chance to clear my doubts upon their return. And the moment his driver said Kapurthala I just wanted to shout at my father, but then I remembered how my father doesn't gives two fucks if I'm yelling at the top of my lungs and get angry with him or give him silent treatment. Nope those things doesn't bother my dad, saying this from experience. So decided to stay quiet, silently poking him is far better. At least it drives me some satisfaction.

"Where I am going is none of your business" he got up "but you" pointing a finger at me, he walked to my desk "you watch your mouth. One more foul word out-"

"And what?" I asked raising an eyebrow, no more trying to hide smirk. Poking him and making him lose his cool, really helps me pacify my anger. Watching him struggling to keep his cool and quite demeanor when he wants to yell so many things. Satisfies me in a way, the knowledge that at least I'm not the only one who's annoyed and yet trying to keep his cool. At least I'm not the only one who wants to speak, to even shout so many things but can't. This knowledge is actually soothing, because let's be honest it's human nature to find comfort in other person's misery.

His battle to control his anger, to keep his voice low, to don't give two fucks when I poke him, is nothing but alleviation for me.

'a really helpful anger management technique' saying snickered little bastard.
seeing him fuming with anger actually helps me control mine.

"YOU! you are the reason, one of the main reasons actually of why I stay out. Why I prefer to spend most of my time away from that mansion." saying he stomped out of the office.

For a moment I sat there, staring at the doorway with a pathetic yet satisfying smirk on my lips. But the next moment I got up and picked up the vase from the cabinet near my desk and threw it. Crashing with door, it shattered into pieces. Then without giving it a second thought I picked up the paperweight and threw it at the door wall, hitting the wall it produced a loud clashing noise.