16

Anokhi

"Anokhiiiiii" Banging my room's door Naina called me.
"Just five minutes"
"Five MORE MINUTES? We are getting late."

Throwing on a yellow quarter sleeves kurta I rushed to the dressing table.
"Anokhi, guard bhaiya won't even let us enter the college premises"
I looked back at my reflection in the mirror water still dripping from my hair.
"Don't have time for the dryer" I murmured picking up the towel to wipe my hairs as quickly as I could.

In net three minutes, I stepped out of my room. My bag hanging on one shoulder and Mexican pink chunni on the other. Naina was pacing up and down in the living room muttering something, but the moment she saw me she didn't waste a second.
And dragged me and Krisha who's busy scrolling through instagram out of the apartment.
"If we are late today. It's on both of you"she muttered dragging us to the elevator. But turns out it is out of service since last night.
"Great! When you are in hurry even fortune turns against you" Naina said, now dragging us down the stairs. Holding my wrist in one hand and Krisha's in the other.
"Hey! Easssyyy there" Krisha said putting her phone in the front pocket of her short denim dungaree. Bangs in front and jiggling high ponytail behind making her look several years younger.
"Keep that mobile in your pocket" was all Naina offered showing no sign of slowing down.
"My mobile is in my pocket and If I or Anokhi trip down. It's all on you"

Fortunately Krisha dropped us just a minute before gates are normally closed, saving me from Naina. But now that I'm sitting here in english class as Mr. White discuss 'With the photographer' in detail, I actually regret coming college today.
Or maybe I regret offering Shaurya sir to wait at my place yesterday.
Keeping my eyes open is becoming more and more challenging with each passing minute and the worst part is still thirty minutes are left for class to over.

"You didn't sleep last night, did you?" Naina whispered looking straight ahead.

How was I supposed to sleep when images from previous evening were flashing before my eyes like a damn film? His each and every word ringing in my ear? How was I supposed to sleep with tingling skin and fluttering heart thinking about his fingers on my arm and cheek. Reason why a tiny part of me regret offering him help.
"Uhh! I did" I replied suppressing a yawn.
"Liar"
"What?"
"You were up at least until three"
"Yeah I was going through my notes"
"No you twisting and turning in the bed" hint of amusement in her voice.
"So you were up as well" I replied, this time unable to suppress yawn.
"I wasn't up. But it is kinda hard to not notice when the person you are sharing room with keeps on twisting and turning and pacing up and down the room whole night.
"Uhh..." was all I offered having nothing to say.

"Why were you up anyway?" Naina asked, still on my heels as we walked for the next class. She has been throwing that I know something you think I don't look my way for past thirty minutes. Which was in a way good, as it helped me keep my eyes wide open in english class.
"I mean not that I don't know.."

"Ughhh! What is it you think you know" I asked stopping and turning to her. Not letting my damn brain run the horses of thoughts of his words "....Yes, it's written all over that rosy doll face"

Chuckling she held both my shoulders and we started to walk again "leave it" her voice making smile she's trying hard to suppress evident.
"What are you smiling at?"
"Areeee leave it na. Just tell me how things went yesterday?"

Sighing I rolled my eyes, So for Naina changing topic means just changing the way you ask question? Talk about same thing or same person just in another way "what will happen." I said trying to sound bored suppressing annoyance. Nope I am not annoyed with her efforts to look too much into things or that smile that she's passing everytime she's looking my way since yesterday. Okay maybe I'm little bit annoyed with that but the major source of my annoyance is yesterday's events. Especially the parts that are trying to consume every waking second of mine and the fact that he lied on my face.
I'm specially allergic to lies.