26

Shaurya

"Now she wanna know details and what am I supposed to tell her?"

"What is exactly going on?" Arpit asked, now a little serious and less playful. Let's see how long this lil seriousness lasts.

"With her.....Anokhi? I don't know. I'm still trying to figure out that 'what's exactly going on' or more precisely 'what's wrong with me'" I replied rubbing back of my neck.

"When did swooning over each other become this complicated."

"No one is swooning over anyone" I muttered stuffing my mouth with rice and avacado.

"I guess that's why you both were giving sheep's eye to each other after coming back-huh-from wherever you both were, doing god knows what" a hint of smile on his face. As much as I hate to admit this even to myself there have been embarassing and frustrating moments in my life. Moment when I just want to go away and lock myself in my bedroom because the situation has become way too confusing and embarassing. Now is one of those moments.

"If you take one minute to explain me what this 'came back from' and giving sheep's eye mean, it would be really helpful" I said stairing spoon in bowl.

"You didn't make a really good impression on her friend. So obviously she wanted to check on her friend. I told her that I'll check and though she wasn't particularly thrilled she agreed....I don't know what was wrong with her, I mean girls usually like me. My smile is enough. But she didn't really seem to like me"

I rolled my and exhaled loudly, hearing how generally girls instantly start liking him unlike this one girl he met last night, is the last thing I want. I am sure that's bugging him, because when winning easily is what you know, is the only thing you know. You don't take failure really well. And that's the case with Arpit, it's easy for him to win over girls with just few sweet words and of course that charming smile and dimple that it cause. Last time it was one of our classmates in eleventh standard who resisted his charms, for three months and oh those godawful months
'Those tiresome three months for me and astonishing three months for other boys of our class'

"Yeah maybe not every girl falls for that pretty face, you know" groaning I replied "that's very common. Now please continue with original premise"

"That's not common for me, though." he muttered and continued "anyways so I went to check up on you guys. To see if you are not..I guess taking her then and there on stage" he tried to keep his face straight but burst out laughing at last. However when he saw my dead serious face he stopped laughing and went on "and guess what, I didn't find you two on stage, so I looked around and then called you. You didn't pickup first two times, but when I called you third time you picked up. I asked you where you are and when you didn't give me a clear answer, I asked you to pass your phone to Anokhi. I asked her the same question but again got no clear answer. And when you both returned, Anokhi came up with a really lame excuse. That you were in bathroom throwing up" saying he laughed, where as my eyes went wide for few seconds.

Me puking was the excuse she gave? Really?

Arpit went on "Tell her to come up with something more believable. Tell her to be ready with a better excuse if you both ever decide to act like a seventeen year olds, who can't wait to reach home first, at least. And hence they start doing it behind the bleachers." saying he snickered and I just looked around for something that I can throw at him, that can hit his head hard enough to knock some sense. Unfortunately I found nothing.
"I am guessing, it was a make out session that went really well. I mean I am sure seeing or hearing a guy puke..." he started laughing and clenching my teeth I stood up, walked to him and smacked the back of his head "...wouldn't paint a girl's cheeks rosy red and she doesn't keeps glancing your lips, every now and then. Hell! I think even her friend picked up few hints because she was frowning before she pulled away Anokhi..errr...your girl with her" he completed now laughing even harder.