Chapter 4: Don't touch the Jeep

Sebastian

    I grab onto Liz and Alex, and jump off the building. As we fall, I slow our descent, instantly using my powers to gain control of the wind currents.

Liz grins. She loves this. Alex on the other hand grimaces. He gets a little airsick.

When we touch down, Liz grabs her arrows and shoots the guards. Alex throws his knives at the gate lever, and opens it for us. Using our abilities too much is exhausting, so we limit it as best we can.

Topher and Nate are waiting for us. We all run out of the complex.

"Took you long enough," Topher yells grinning. That kids like the energizer bunny on steroids.
——————————-—————————
As we reach the outside, a red jeep with no doors is waiting. We all jump in, with Alex driving, Liz in the passenger seat, and Topher, Nate, and I in the back.

"Proceed to Location C," a deep voice rumbles from the jeeps control center.

"Confirmed," Alex says, and types in directions. He's just started going when the jeep sputters and smoke starts coming out of the hood.

"Everyone out," Alex orders, and we all comply. This jeep is his baby, and if somebody sabotaged it there'll be hell to pay.

"I was hoping you would do that," a light female voice whispers, and in an instant our team is separated, each of us fighting someone, someone trained as well as us, maybe even better.

I hear singing, almost commands, and out of the corner of my eye I see Topher collapse.

"Merlin to Joker. Joker is down."
"They all have nicknames, how cute," a female voice says, the same one from before.

"Jealous?" I ask, my voice taunting as I turn, trying to find her.

"Never. Boo!" She pops up behind me, and aims a kick at the middle of my back, effectively knocking me to the ground.

"That was rude," I grumble.

"All's fair in love and war," she chuckles, and I grab her ankle pulling her down, and using her body as leverage to lift myself back up.

"I guess so," I say. She wipes the dribble of blood coming out of her nose. Gross.

"So this is the girl they sent to clean up her friend's remains," I smirk. I hope that pisses her off.

"You'll find the cleaning to be a little more on your side sweetheart," She replies.

Then her eyes glow. Going from a deep brown, to a kaleidoscope of colours, little fireworks and bright sparks lighting up her pupils.

Shit. She's using her powers. I wonder momentarily what they might be; pryokensis maybe, or perhaps light themed powers.

Then it starts.

Everything good I was feeling before; cockiness, bravery, confidence, adrenaline, are stripped away. Leaving my fears, doubts, worries, nightmares, and horrifying facts.

It's painful. So much so that I let out a scream, one blood-curdling, loud, scream.

I collapse, curling into a ball, like the pain will go away if I'm smaller. I cover my head, letting my axe drop next to me. It clangs as it hits the stone, the sound only amplifying the pain.

Then everything goes black, and I feel a sense of calm and relief wash over me. The last words I hear are "Nighty Night"

WOOH AND THERE WE ARE DARLINGS
So our two narrators (can you call them that yet?) have finally met...
I mean its like 4 chapters in but still I was excited for this moment.
GO TAKE CARE OF YOURSELVES, EXERCISE, DRINK WATER!!!
Love,
-Alexandra Waterwings