Chapter 40: Auntie Janice

Sebastian

I leave the book sitting on my nightstand, and go down the hall to knock on Andy's door. Theres no reply, and I cant see any lights on through the crack in the door so I assume shes gone out. I go back down the hall to my room, and leave the door open so I'll be able to see her come back.

I open the laptop on my desk, complimentary from The Icarus Guard I guess, and press on the email icon. Theres an account already signed in - one made for me for Icarus Guard purposes.

Eagledude406@gmail.com is the email. Eagledude? Really? I bet Leo thought up the name.

Theres 12 unopened emails in the inbox, most just test emails from people like Leo, Liz, and Andy to make sure I have their email addresses. The top email is from Diana, and addressed to multiple other important sounding people.

I skim through the email, looking at the words 'conference' and 'tomorrow' mostly. Then I see my name. Apparently I will be an important guest at this event, along with Ms. Andromeda Aceron. Who is currently avoiding me and probably hates me guts. Lovely.

I close the door and turn the lights off, not bothering to wait to see if Andy is going to walk by. I attempt to fall asleep but toss and turn for hours, before finally giving up and skimming through the book Andy left for me.

I wake up to someone opening the blinds loudly. Andy is hovering right above me, and we smack heads when I sit up abruptly. Owwwwww.

"Fuck that hurt," Andy swears, pressing her hand to her head.

"Mmm," I mumble in agreement. Ive gotten to comfortable with sleeping in lately.

"Get ready and meet me in the hallway," Andy orders, walking out the open door. Ok..... I close the door, and pull the shirt and pants neatly folded on the dresser on.

Andy is waiting impatiently outside in the hallway, tapping her foot and checking her digital watch. She's wearing clothes almost identical in look to mine, but fit and styled to her ... curvier ... body.

"Lets go," she snaps, not even looking at me. She sets off at a fast pace down the hall, not sparing a glance back to see if I'm following her.

"Alright then," I mutter under my breath, following after her. I have to do a little awkward jog-run to catch up at first, but I fall in step with her quickly. She leads me down a series of winding hallways, out an outdoor pathway, back inside, and finally in front of a wooden door marked 'Meetings'.

I just love how descriptive the labels in this building are.

Andy steels herself, correcting her already perfect posture, squeezing her hands into fists and loosening them, and finally knocks on the door. She looks like a little kid about to meet her adoptive parents, before the door swings open and she puts on an aloof face.

A stern looking older man opens the door, gesturing for us to come in. He shuts the door with a loud bang behind us.

The room is large, but sparsely decorated. Theres a large U-shaped table in the centre, built for 20 or more people, but theres only 5 chairs set out. Diana is sitting in the outer middle of the U, and the 5 chairs fan out beside her. Theres name tags on the table, as we walk past it. Andy and I sit on either side of Diana, getting a sharp nod of acknowledgment from her.

One by one, holographs of people start filling the empty spaces. Most of them look older than 50, save for the few who look Diana's age. Andy and I are the youngest looking, at 23 and 24, respectively.

When there are enough holograms that every chair less spot at the table is taken, 2 women walk in. One, Janice, I recognize from the coffeeshop. The other is a Blake Lively look alike.