Chapter 20: He a runner, he a track star

Sebastian

"What the hell are you doing here?" I yell at Nate. Why are they all here? The White Wings shouldn't know where The Icarus Guard compound is. Nate looks taken aback, like he thought we would all be happy to see him and the rest of the soldiers currently killing our...friends.

"We came to rescue you!" Nate shouts back over the loud noises of people fighting and vehicles running. I shake my head at him. Does he really still think we need rescuing? This place is better than the White Wings could ever be. Its freer, nicer, more peaceful, and even more morally correct.

"We don't need rescuing." I reply honestly, putting my hands on his shoulders.

Nate, who's always been a rock for me in leadership, Nate who got left behind, Nate who's so loyal he went into a possible suicide situation to try and rescue people he didn't know if they still wanted to be rescued.

"But- but.." Nate stutters, shocked that we might want to stay here. I smile sadly at him. Nate focuses on someone behind me.

"Nate..." Andy whispers, sounding shocked.

"Romy?" Nate asks, and upon closer inspection he's tearing up, crying happy and shocked tears.

"I- I thought you were dead," She says. I look between them in confusion, how do they know each other?

A White Wing soldier grabs Andy from behind, and drags her over to the pool edge. I move to help her, but Nate is grabbing me and moving me into the waiting van.

"Hey! Stop!" Andy is yelling, twisting and trying to get away. The soldier keeps their tight grip on her, and I struggle against Nate. Andy is dumped into the water, and the soldier keeps her under.

"ANDY! ANDY!" I bellow, being pushed into the van faster now, "CHRISTINA! HELP ANDY!"

Christina sees me being pushed into the van, sees Andy drowning, and makes a quick decision. She quickly gets Saura and the rest to cover her, and dashes to Andy.

That's the last I see before I'm pushed into the van, and a needle stuck into my neck.

-------------------------------------------------------

I wake up woozy for the second time in as many weeks. This time I'm in my old White Wing dorm room, the familiar walls swaying from whatever they injected me with. I sit up slowly, and see Nate leaning against the wall.

"Sleeping beauty is finally awake," he says, grabbing a glass of water and some pills for me. He sits on the bed next to me.

"Why? And how?" I ask him, and he nods before starting to explain:

"After you guys got... kidnapped, we recognized one of the guys using facial ID. We traced him to the facility, and started planning the attack. The plan was to get you guys out, destroy as many of them as possible, and gather information about where they might strike next."

He pauses, looking at me, before continuing: "The girl who snuck up on us and almost drowned-"

"Almost? She didn't drown?" I interrupt, and ask desperately. If she didn't drown that means Christina came through and saved Andy. Nate looks at me weirdly, possibly wondering why I care so much.

"No, one of the other girls saved her. Killed 4 of our soldiers too." he replies shortly, and I feel a burst of pride for Christina, she'd only been at the compound close to 3-4 days and she was more successful than people there for 3-4 years.

"Anyways, that girl, Andromeda, was-is my sister."

Mmk. bombshell much? So lemme get this right, your little sister Romy, who you thought was dead and she thought you were dead just magically showed up at the Icarus Guard, started going by Andy, and just happened to be a part of the team that took us?

Nate must see my skeptical look, because he continues: "When she was around 8, and I was 10, I was taken by the White Wings. When I was 11 they sent a letter home saying that I was dead, and shortly after Romy was reported missing by our mother and assumed dead."

I remember, Nate was inconsolable for weeks because he blamed himself for her disappearance.

"Our mother was alone, and she thought two of her kids were dead because of the White Wings, and one went missing. Nobody knew that Romy was still alive, and all these years later, I'm surprised we recognized each other," Nate finishes. I nod in understanding.

"Andy, or Romy as you were calling her, is one of the most high ranking team leaders in the Icarus Guard, its pretty impressive actually," I say, and I left her behind to possibly drown.

Nate leads me out the corridor to Topher's room where everyone is waiting. I give Liz a tight hug and she hugs me back, wrapping her arms around me and burying her face into the crook of my neck. I hug Alex, and then Topher who's missing Leo so much you can see it in his eyes.

I feel guilty that I couldn't protect myself from this, from getting ripped away from their friends twice. It's too late now though, and we must fall back into the rigorous White Wing routine that I used to love, not knowing what's happening with our sort of friends in the Icarus Guard.

The only thing we have to look forward to is the annual White Wing ball.

So. Whos looking forward to the ball? Ill be sure to add some photos, im very excited.
The song has no connection, but its the name of the chapter and stuck in my head so.
LOVEEEE -Alexandra Waterwings