Chapter 6: She's Definitely Sadistic

Sebastian 

A room slowly swims into focus. It's grey, with plain walls and a large steel table in the center of the room. I realise I'm lying on a soft bed, and that there's a window with bars on the wall above me. I wonder for a moment why my walls are grey, why there's a table, and who put bars on my window before the grim reality sets in.

I'm in the rebel compound. More specifically, the Icarus Guard's compound. After being captured, and tortured. It's the only word I can use to describe what happened.

I'm knocked out of my thoughts by a girl banging the door open and settling herself on a chair, a book in her left hand, and a folder in the other. It's the girl from the fight. The one with the kaleidoscope eyes. I take a better look at her, taking in her long dirty blonde hair like Liz's and the white scar under her chin that I can barely see when she lifts her head. If I was still sleepy I would say she looks like a younger, female version of Nate.

"Morning sunshine," she says grinning. I'm starting to think she must be sadistic. She literally tortured me yesterday. Wait, was it yesterday? I realize that I have no idea how long I've been out.

"What day is it?" I ask almost frantically. She looks almost sympathetic, but then it disappears just as quickly as it came.

"Somebody's mother never taught them manners. It's Tuesday," she answers, flipping open her file and gesturing for me to take a seat in the chair nearest me. It's still the same day. Good. I sit, facing her, and she clears her throat.

"Sebastian Amell Delafontaine. Age 25. Height: 6'5". Weight: 205 lbs," she pauses before continuing, "trained from age 5 to be a White Wing. Mother, father, and all 3 siblings deceased in an attack from the Scarlet Rebels. Ability to fly, abilities seemingly related to talents of an eagle. Considered the best of his age," she finishes, finally looking up at me, an unsaid question in her eyes. At least I thought it was going to be unsaid.

"Why did you live?" she asks, no hesitation in her voice, but rather an interest.

"Excuse me?" I ask in disbelief.

"You have excellent hearing, it's part of your 'eagle' abilities listed in your file," she says without missing a beat, still waiting for an answer.

I sit back stumped. I don't think anyone's ever asked me that before. It's always im so sorry for your loss or may they rest in peace.

"I guess because I hid, because they were there to cause the most destruction and carnage possible and weren't going to waste time looking for some strays. Almost everyone who survived that day was hidden or had run," I reply, finally looking her in the eyes.

"Thank you for your candor," she says, shifting her book on top of the file. It's a worn copy of Divergent. Did she just ask me why I lived when the rest of my family died and then quote Divergent at me?

"Did you just quote Divergent at me?" I ask her, incredulous.

Looking pleased she replies: "Yes I did. Now, there's a whole lot of questions about the facility and white wings and training and government blah blah blah. We don't really want to do that right now, so instead I'm going to cheat off of Caelum's answers from your friend later, and imply my own techniques instead. All you have to do is tell me everything you know."

"Yeah, no thanks," I say. Does she really think I'm just going to tell her everything about the government and the White Wings?

"Start with the safe houses for government lackeys," she instructs, setting a cell phone on the table to record our conversation. It's a normal, rose gold iphone, with a simple sage green case.

"Nice cell," I say instead, nodding my head at the cellphone on the table, "your's i'm assuming?"
"You assume correctly, oh and by the way my name is Andromeda."

"I'm not going to talk," I warn her, and she chuckles, tilting her head to one side, as if to get a better look at me.

"Sure you will," she says, a dark undertone in her voice. Definitely sadistic.

Ah. I love writing Andy from Sebastians POV because like in my mind and in her POVs she is a clumsy, prankster, protecter, and very private fun person.
Not much going on in this chapter, but we got a bit of necessary background on Sebastian.
SIDE NOTE: I will from now on refer to Sebastian as Seb in my authors notes.
Love, Alexandra Waterwings