Singing With A Stranger

When Saturday finally came it was time to get prepared physically and mentally. I really didn't know what to expect about Maddie apart from the fact that she's Buck's sister and Chimney's Girlfriend, and a 911 dispatcher.

What I was hoping for was that she would like me and accept me as Buck's new girlfriend, and hopefully we didn't get off on the wrong foot.

I was supposed to be meeting them at a bar around 7ish, so I planned out my day accordingly regarding breakfast, workouts, nail salon, lunch, then shower and get ready.

I got home around 5:30, ate, showered, blow dryed my hair, did my makeup and picked out an outfit.

Tonight's Fit

After a few minutes of posing in the mirror to see how I looked I heard a knock at the door

After a few minutes of posing in the mirror to see how I looked I heard a knock at the door. When I went to open it, I saw Buck, "Hi Princess." He says hugging me and kissing me on the cheek, "Hi, where's Maddie?"

"She said she'll meet us there, you ready to go?" He pulls away, "yea just gotta put shoes on." I say holding his hand leading him inside

I slid on cute white shoes and walked back out, "you look amazing" Buck said as I walk towards him, "you too love." I smile and kiss his lips, he gave me a confused look, "new lipgloss?"

I nod, "and a new blush, I just got them today." I explained, he attempted to wipe off the lip gloss, "no wonder you taste like strawberry" he laughed, I giggled as well.

We got to his car and I pulled the visor down to see myself in the mirror, re applying some of my lipgloss that came off when I kissed Buck.

"Babe stop you look fine," he said putting his hand on my thigh. "sorry I just wanna make sure I look okay." I breathed moving the visor back up.

"Shay, you're beautiful. Maddie's chill you don't have to be too nervous" he reassured me and continued driving, I bit my lip slightly, "You know her better than I do."

***

"Hi I'm Maddie!"

"Shayla!"

"Nice to meet you Shayla"

"Right back at you!"

I was still a bit nervous talking to Maddie and Buck, (mostly Maddie), so it was mostly just a mutual conversation between the 3 of us.

Well, that was until Buck told us to go sing, I furrowed my eyebrows, "What do you mean go sing?"

He smirked, "I mean, you and Maddie go out there and sing." I was still confused, "no one said anything about singing you said we were just going to a bar." I said

He nodded, "Yea I did tell you that. What I didn't tell you was that this is a karaoke place too." He said motioning to the people singing behind me, "I never saw that! This whole time I thought it was just a band or something.." I was mortified

I could tell by the look on Maddie's face she was trying not to laugh, Buck rolled his eyes, "I really think you guys should go."

"He's right you know," Maddie said "it wouldn't hurt to try? Come on Shayla." Of course if she wanted to there was no backing out because she was super nice to me.

We eventually agreed on a pretty easy song, so when came our turn the music started and we held our microphones. Of course I'm nervous!! Maddie was really nice and chill, but still a stranger to me..

I took a deep breath away from the microphone so it wouldn't echo while Maddie sang her verse, hoping Buck's brilliant plan to break the ice between us would work.

"I don't wanna be alone tonight

It's pretty clear that I'm not over you

I'm still thinking bout the things you do.."

I ease into the moment and sway along, vibing out with the music.

"Look what you made me do

I'm with somebody new

Oh baby baby I'm dancing with a stranger

Look what you made me do

I'm with somebody new

Oh baby baby I'm dancing with a stranger."

At this point, am I ready for my part of the song? You best bet I am!!

"...I wasn't even going out tonight

But boy I need go get you off my mind

I know exactly what I have to do.."

I could feel Buck look over at me as soon as I started singing. Luckily, Maddie was vibing along as well

"Look what you made me do

I'm with somebody new

Oh baby baby

I'm dancing with a stranger

Look what you made me do

I'm with somebody new

Oh baby baby I'm dancing with a stranger."

For the remainder of the song, we vibed out and had a blast singing together, I felt so much better about this night.

***

"Woah babe I don't know how to say this" Buck put his hands behind his head in disbelief, "I did not know you could sing that good." He smiled and pulled me in for a quick kiss.

"Thanks Bucky, but that song wouldn't have been as good without Maddie" I say smiling towards her, of course she smiled back, "You're amazing Shay"

"All you Maddie" I laugh giving her a hug

I guess it's safe to say Buck's plans were pretty good at most times. I also just knew that today would be the first day of an amazing friendship with Maddie.