Deep

A couple weeks since I moved in with Buck. Has it been bad? No. Has it been perfect? Also no.

"Evan!!"

He came running, "What Happened??" I walked out of the bathroom with an annoyed look on my face "stop leaving the seat up. For God's sake!" I said frustrated, Buck rolled his eyes, "you scared me I thought something horrible happened!"

Then this other time

I had just finished curling my hair and Buck went into the bathroom after me to comb his hair, but I still had my curling wand plugged into the outlet and we were in a rush so I forgot to put it back in the heat protectant case.

"Babe what time is- OW!!" He looked to see he burned himself with the curling wand, "SHAYLA!!!"

Oh then also this that happened last week

"Give me the treats Buck!"

"Come on Shay let me teach her more tricks!"

We were fighting back and forth over Chloes cat treats, Buck wanted to give her more I wanted him to stop before she gets too used to it

"Give it!" I yell out, Buck let out a sigh, "okay fine" He let go of me and with all the force I was using to take the treats, I fell over and looked at him pissed.

I could tell Buck was trying not to laugh as he picked up Chloe to pet her, I just rolled my eyes and got up

But this morning we weren't really talking because of a fight we had last night. It was kind of not a big deal but we still managed to hurt eachothers feelings

I wanted Buck to go with me on a double date with my sister, Lyza, and her husband, but he told me he made plans with the guys already.

Of course I pretended to be fine with it to not cause any problems, but he failed to realize which only made me angrier, thus causing an arguement once he came home.

The car ride to work was silent, when we got to the firestation I went to talk to Hen and Chimney about anything that was going on with them, I saw Buck come in and talk to Eddie and Bobby about who knows what.

The day went on as usual and before we knew it the alarms are going off and we're rushing to the ambulance

***

We arrived on scene, it was a car crash, in the drivers side was a man, in the passanger side was a woman. They were in distress and had crashed into a tree.

"Help us." I hear the womans voice groan, "please."

We come to her, "Ma'am what's your name?" Chimney asks her, "Sabrina..Collins.." she said, I could hear the pain in her voice, as Chimney helped her I ran to the other side of the car to see the man and who heard her say it was her husband, "Sir can you hear me?"

He was unconscious, I got him out using the jaws of life and began to do CPR on the husband, who I learned was named Lucas

The wife, Sabrina came after she was checked up on by Hen and Chimney and kneeled down next to him, "talk to him." I tell her, "Lucas, I'm so sorry" she began to cry, "I'm so sorry this is all my fault I didn't mean anything I said, please don't go. I need you to be okay and we'll never fight like this again, I can't loose you." She took a minute to look down at her wedding ring, "you're my best friend."

It took my all to focus on the CPR and not to cry at what Sabrina was telling her husband. Before I know it Lucas regains consciousness

"Lucas!" She cried, "Sabrina..I'm sorry.. I was wrong.." He said tiredly.
We got them both in the ambulance after they explained that they were driving while fighting, Lucas was distracted until he saw a deer on the road and swerved to the side, crashing into the tree.

Hen appeared next to me as they took the couple towards the ambulance, "Still wanna be giving Buck the silent treatment?" She asks motioning towards the couple, the wife holding the husbands hand as they both cried to eachother out of relief that they survived.

It made me tear up and realize, I don't have time to be wasting getting mad at Buck over little things that we could simply talk out and resolve. Life is so precious and our time together needs to be cherished.

When we got back to the station I wanted to find Buck but then I heard footsteps behind me "Shayla?" I hear Buck's voice as I feel a hand on go to my shoulder and I turn around to see him.

Buck was looking at me with sad eyes, "Buck," I pulled him in for a close hug, "I'm sorry baby." He says hugging me back "I am too, I should've just talked to you about how I felt."

"It's okay Shayla," he pulls away to look at me with both hands on my shoulders "We'll have to learn to communicate better. Cause I don't know what If anything were to happen to you." He looked deep into my eyes and I felt my heart beat faster, "Me too Buck, I don't know what I'd ever do without you."

I leaned in and kissed his cheek "I love you." He caressed my face "I love you too."