Love Songs

It was a warm sunny day as we were still trying to enjoy our last few days in Mexico. Buck has gotten along great with most of my family, they've asked us how long we've been together and what we were planning on doing for the wedding.

Today we were just walking along the beach and talking about how our trip has been going so far.

"What do you think of it here?" I ask Buck, he responds with "It's been amazing your family is so warm. I can see where you get your sweet personality from." I smiled and said "I'm so happy you and my family get along so well, but they're right about us getting a head start on planning the wedding."

Buck looked at the ground, "We should definitely have everyone there. Not like Bobby and Athena who got married without us." We both laughed, "Of course I want everyone to be there too." I say

***

It's our last night before heading home tommorow morning, the moon was shining bright, lighting up the outdoor patio.

Buck was on the couch out there and I found him looking at the stars, he looked like he was focused or deep in thought.

"Hi Buckaroo." I say plopping down next to him and hugging him, "Hey babe." He smiles at me and kisses me, "whatchu thinking about?" I ask

He shrugged and sighed, "I'm gonna miss this place." I kiss him on the cheek, "me too baby. This has been the best week I've had in forever, I've been so happy to see my parents again, along with the rest of my family."

Buck smiled and looking deeply into my eyes, "You're so beautiful." I smile back to him, "you're so handsome."

We turn to gaze upon the stars together, "Evan?"

"Yes Shayla?"

"I'm sorry you had to see me like that the other day-"

"Shay don't. "

"But I just-"

"Shayla there is nothing wrong with anything you did. I love you and I don't expect you to be happy and smiling all the time, of course there are gonna be times you get hurt." He moved to face me, "all I ask is that you're honest with me. I love you, everything about you including the real you."

I bit my lip, "I don't think you wanna know the real me."

"But I want to trust me. I wanna get to know more about the Shayla behind closed doors." He says

I raise a brow, "what do you know about me that I don't talk about a lot."

"I know you wanted to be a hair stylist before wanting to be a firefighter. I know when you think no one can hear you, you sing in the lockers at work. I know you hate bugs but you really love butterflies. I know that the most important thing in the world to you is to protect people like no one protected you."

I begin to tear up at the thought of everything Buck was saying, was things I never thought about.

"I know you Shayla, and I wanna keep knowing you better." He takes my hand and kisses the back of it. "I love you."

I smile, "I love you too Evan."

We got closer and cuddled as we kept watching the night sky, "wait so you guys have been able to hear me singing this whole time?"

"Mhm."

"God that's so embarrassing."

"Why? You have a beautiful voice. In fact I wanna hear you sing right now."

I laugh, "Okay okay, what do you want me to sing?"

"The one you were singing in the shower this morning."

I thought for a second then I remembered, oh yeahh.

I breathe in and out slowly and begin to sing..

Late at night when all the world is sleeping

I stay up and think of you..

And I wish on a star, that somewhere you are thinking of me too..

Cause I'm dreaming of you tonight

Til tomorrow, I'll be holding you tight

And there's no where in the world I'd rather be

Than here in my room, dreaming about you and me..