Today Is A New Day

(I chose this song cause i feel like it goes really well with Buck and Shayla's story from when they first met, to now, and its a beautiful song!! This is how Buck and Shayla are going to dance)

"You're going to look beautiful Shayla" Maddie said to me as she was doing my makeup. "Thanks love"

Athena and Hen were doing my hair and was coming out beautifully. "I'm so nervous, I hope everything comes out okay.."

"Don't you worry Shay everything's gonna be fine. You just look at yourself and tell me how you look." Athena says

I looked in the mirror and said "Amazing." Before I knew it they were talking about my hair

"It's too loose"

"It's not I put plenty of hairpins"

"That's like the 50th pin you've put in her hair"

"Oh please It can't be that many."

I looked at them from the mirror, "Can I try my own hair?"

"NO"

***
3rd person pov

By the time Shayla was ready she looked at herself in the mirror and took a deep breath. She didn't wanna let the dress remind her of that awful night, she felt herself getting more nevous and experiences flashes.

"You look perfect." Lyza said at the door and walking closer to Shayla, "You think so?" She breathed,

"I know so. Just take a deep breath, remember you're safe. And god forbid if something happens, you're a trained professional and have more first responders here, either way I promise nothing will happen." Lyza reassured her sister

Shayla gave her a weak smile, Lyza pulled her in for a hug, and looked in the mirror with her. "Remember hermanita, today is a new day." She gently patted Shayla on the back and walked out.

Shayla looked in the mirror, closed her eyes, and took a deep breath in, "today is a new day."

***
"How do I look?" Buck asked Bobby as he turned around

"Like a perfect groom." Bobby said as he finished tying his tie, "I can't believe the day is finally here.. I'm about to marry the woman of my dreams. I'm nervous Bobby what if I screw up?"

"Screw up? My advice is don't" Bobby says fixing Buck's suit, "I just don't want anything to ruin this day, it's special for both of us.."

"Buck, I know Shayla loves you very much, nothing will ruin this day regardless of the past. You're a great man and you're going to make a great husband." Bobby looked in the mirror with Buck, "Just forget about the past, today is a new day."

Buck took a deep breath and said to himself, "Today is a new day."

Shayla's Look, Shayla's Pov

"You look beautiful " Bobby said to me taking my hand to lead me, "thank you Bobby " I smiled

I held Bobby's arm as he walked me down the aisle and when I saw Buck he looked absolutely handsome, so perfect.

When he saw me I felt a little nervous but he looked really emotional and happy at the same time. Tearing up but still smiling a lot

Hold me close and hold me fast

This magic spell you cast, this is la vie en rose

When you kiss me, heaven sighs

And though i close my eyes,I see la vie en rose

When you press me to your heart

I'm in a world apart, a world where roses bloom

And when you speak angels sing from above

Everyday words seem to turn into love songs

Give your heart and soul to me

And life will always be, la vie en rose...

"Dearly beloved, we are gathered here today to join this man and this woman in holy matrimony."

***

"Evan Buckley, do you take this woman to be your wife, to live together in holy matrimony, to love her, to honor her, to comfort her, and to keep her in sickness and in health, foresaking all others, as long as you both shall live?"

Evan answered, "I do."

The notary turned to me, "Shayla Perez, do you take this man to be your husband, to live together in holy matrimony, to love him, to honor him, to comfort him, and to keep him in sickness and in health, foresaking all others, as long as you both shall live?"

I answered, "I do."

Notary asked Buck to repeat after him, "I Evan Buckley, take you, Shayla Perez, to be my wife, to have and to hold from this day forward, for better, for worse, for richer, for poorer, in sickness and in health, til death do us part."

Now it was my turn, "I, Shayla Perez, take you, Evan Buckley, to be my husband, to have and to hold from this day forward, for better, for worse, for richer, for poorer, in sickness and in health, til death do us part."

The notary asked Buck to then put the ring on my finger..

***

"By the virtue vested in me, I now pronounce you husband and wife, you may now kiss the bride."

We smiled happily and Buck pulled me in and held me close, and kissed me, I put my hands on his shoulders.

***

It was time for the bride and grooms first dance, Buck and I were in the middle of the dance floor hand in hand, we began our dance as the music starts to play.

Tale as old as time..

True as it can be..

Barley even friends.. then somebody bends, unexpectedly..

Just a little change

Small to say the least

Both a little scared

Niether one prepared

Beauty and the Beast..

***

I was walking around and greeting our guests and suddenly I saw 2 familiar faces in the crowd..

Could it be..?

"..Tia..? Rosie??"

The 2 women came to me and I knew for a fact it was them, I went to them and hugged them, "Tia!"

"Shayla! You look so beautiful!" Klarissa said to me

"Thank you!" I hugged Rosie, "You look amazing I haven't seen you in forever!

"You guys too! I've missed you both so much!" I say wiping a tear from the corner of my eye. I talked to them for a bit catching up and then Buck walked over

"Buck this is my Aunt, Klarissa, she's the one who got me into firefighting." I said, "Pleasure to meet you"

They all talked amongst eachother and I was happy to see them get along great with Buck.

The wedding went on beautifully, the night was perfect, we fed eachother cake and the pictures came out beautifully.

I could gladly say this was the happiest night of my life, and I know I'll never forget this night.

After the wedding was over it was time for me and Buck to go to our honeymoon, and obviously, well, you already know what happens now.