Boxes

It feels so amazing finally being Evan's wife, the wedding was so perfect and beautiful. The honeymoon was just as amazing, it feels like the beginning of the rest of our lives together.

Today Buck woke me up with gentle kisses, "Morning Sunshine." He said softly kissing my head, I smiled "goodmorning love." I said before he kissed me

I got out of bed and when I went downstairs I saw coffee and cinnamon french toast, my face lit up, "You made breakfast already??" I say excitedly, "Yes I did" he says happily holding my hands, "Just wanted to do something nice for my beautiful wife." He says and then kisses me

"Thank you husband." I kissed his cheek and held his hand to lead him to the table, then when I sat down I remembered if Chloe needs food, I was about to get up until Buck said "I gave Chloe food and water by the way."

How did he know I was thinking that? I don't know but I shrugged it off and sat back down to eat.

***

We had 2 different calls at work already, one was a bus crash, another was a young teen in a runaway car on the highway.

I was grateful that we made it through those 2 calls, what I didn't like was having to endure a lighheaded feeling I had. When we got back to the station Bobby was cooking lunch and I went to the bathroom, when I saw myself in the mirror I looked more pale than usual..weird.

I washed and dried my hands and headed to where everyone was, I talked to them for a bit and went to sit for the remainder of the time until the food was ready. I didn't even feel like going on my phone or anything..I just sat here holding a pillow and staring into blank space.

Hen came and sat next to me, "you okay Shayla?" I nodded breathing out, "I'm good just a little tired."

"A little? You don't look so good.. not that you look bad you just don't look.. good.."

I smiled lightly wanting to laugh, but something told me if I did my stomach would hurt more. "No I'm okay.. when I get home I'll make tea and I should be fine."

"Food's ready!" Bobby called

Hen gets up before me but I need a minute to get up. "You coming Shay?" Chimney asks

I nod getting up slowly, "yeah" I walk over but taking slower steps, for some reason my head is still spinning.

"Shayla?"

I took another step

"Shayla!"

All of a sudden everything went black.

Thud

***

I felt something wet on my forehead and when I opened my eyes I saw Bobby in my face holding a wet towel at my head

"What happened?" I moaned

"You passed out" Buck says, this is when I realize I'm resting on his lap. "You scared us half to death what happened?" Eddie asked

"I really don't know.. I thought I was just tired." I say, "Shayla I'm gonna send you home and I'm gonna need you to go to the doctor and get checked out, and that's an order not a suggestion. " Bobby says

"Okay Captain."

They gave me some food and Buck got me an Uber home incase I fainted again, since his shift wasn't over yet. When I got home I still felt sick so I went to take a nap for a bit.

When I woke up it was dark out, I looked at my phone and saw that it was only 6pm, I got up to make myself food and called the doctors office to make an appointment for the next day.

***

Today I was feeling a bit better so I figured I could drive myself too and from the doctor's

Buck kissed me before I had to leave, "Let me know what the doctor says, and please pull over if you feel dizzy." He said. "Okay baby, I'll text you."

***

I sat nervously in the chair waiting for the doctor to come back, until she walked back in looking at me. "Well congratulations Mrs. Buckley... you're pregnant."

My jaw dropped, "huh?"

She nodded smiling, holding the clipboard with papers "You're pregnant, 4 weeks along."

"I..wow..I can't believe it" I could hear my voice breaking, I had always dreamed of having kids..it's finally happening..

Now I'm wondering, how am I going to tell everyone?

***

I waited patiently for Buck to get home when dinner was ready, and had a perfect idea on how to tell him. I was just nervous on how he would take the news.

I sighed and sat down on the couch staring at the yellow box with white ribbon on top. Chloe jumped onto the couch and curled up into her sleeping cat position next to me.

Before I know it Buck walks in, "Hey babe how you feeling?" He says putting his bag down, "I'm good, how was work?"

He came and sat next to me, "oh it was...what's in the box?"

I sigh, "something for you..but I was thinking you should eat first." I say motioning towards the food.

"And i'm thinking I wanna open it now" Buck says. I smile nervously, "go ahead."

Buck went ahead and grabbed the box, shook it slightly, and started untying the ribbon. All of a sudden his eyes lit up watching the lid of the box float away with the balloon taped to the bottom, his jaw dropped when he saw the picture of the ultrasound taped to the string of the balloon.

"Shayla." He breathed, bringing the box closer to him to see on the back of the picture, i wrote "you're going to be a daddy"

He put the box down and buried his face in his hands. I heard him sob slightly, he brought the box closer the him and looked in the bottom of the box and saw a baby bottle, pacifier, a bear onsie, and a little toy rattle.

I scooted closer to Buck and hugged him, he quickly turned to face me and kissed me. "I love you so much Shayla.." he moved down closer to my belly, smiled and said "and I love you my little Buckley."

***

We were at the station with everyone including Maddie and Athena, Buck and I had our big box the same way I originally presented the news to Buck.

"Ready?

1

2

3"

We cut the ribbon together and together we watched the lid of the box fly up and everyone was surprised by the picture.

"Oh my gosh!"

"Congratulations!"

"That's adorable!"

Everyone was super happy for us, and Buck and I couldn't be more excited to meet our little Buckley.