Special Delivery

⬆️⬆️for this chapter but dont play yet (A/N: just a heads up i might get some things wrong here related to reality but yea)

Im just about 38 weeks pregnant with the twins and god I wish i could say it's been amazing, but this pregnancy has only gotten harder. Most days I feel so weak and ill that I can't make it out of bed, but of course I still manage to pull through. After all, if I was able to save lives every day long before I was pregnant, Im sure I can do anything.

Buck has been so sweet throughout my whole pregnancy, from bringing me breakfast in bed, rubbing my feet, and brushing my hair when i'm tired. Apart from that helping set up the baby's room, the backpack, and talking to them inside my belly

Flashback

Buck lowered himself to my belly and hugged me, kissing it too, "I can't wait to meet you, my little Buckleys, and I promise once you're here, to always love and protect you, and to be the best father to you both." He looked up at me with his beautiful blue eyes, "that goes for you too gorgeous." He smiled, "the 3 loves of my life."

End of flashback

Buck has been hesitant about leaving me home alone, so Maddie would come over from time to time to help me out, that being I could go into labor any day now. Maddie and I were sitting in the living room, baby Jee-Yun was asleep, so we were just talking about what would happen after the babies are born.

"I just don't know what to do, I love my job but raising 1 child alone is so much, let alone 2. I know they're going to need so much time and attention I don't think I'll be able to be back on the field so soon. What do you think Maddie?" I ask

"I know how you feel Shayla, I was worried about Jee-Yun too and everything changed after she was born." Maddie took a second to look at the baby, "But I couldn't be more relieved to be dedicated to her, then again, you should still listen to your upcoming motherly insticts."

I sighed and nodded, "you're right, and right now those insticts are telling me.." I stared at the floor for a minute, "They're telling me.." I started feeling an awful lot of pain, like I wanted to throw up. "Uhhhh" I groaned putting my hand on my belly.

Play music now

"Shayla??" Maddie got closer to me and felt my forehead, she pulled out her phone and dialed a number. I leaned back and felt my water break, "the babies, th-they're coming!" I panted.

"Shh, just breathe okay." She used her soothing voice to calm me down as I knew I needed it now more than ever, the time was now.

***

3rd person POV

Shayla was on her way to the hospital, meanwhile Buck was still in the hand sanitizer factory working his way out. Luckily, Maddie got ahold of the 118, all they needed to do now was rescue Buck and the man trapped inside out to safety.

Buck fought his way through the fire, yelling, as was his wife, as her contractions grew stronger.

Maddie held her hand, "you're gonna be okay Shayla, deep breathes."

They breathed in and out together, Shayla yelped "AAAHHHHH"

"AAAHHHH!" Buck yelled as he safely escaped the fire, along with the man and the rest of the team. He was more than eager to meet his son and daughter, he was crazy about getting to the hospital ASAP.

Buck wiped tears from his eyes as he knew he couldn't bare to miss the birth of his children.

Shayla was being taken to the delivery room, in a lot of pain trying to hold it together, "I hope you're on your way Buck" she moaned to herself in pain.

"Im coming Shay." He said to himself softly seconds before getting off the ambulance and rushing to her hospital room.

He arrived to the hospital room, "Mr Buckley? you're wife is ready to give birth."

Buck and Shayla shared relieved but life changing looks. "You made it!" She cried.  Buck sat next to her, held her hand and caressed her head as she was in clear distress, panting and sweating.

"Hey h-hey, look at me honey. Breathe."

She looked at him, trying to catch her breathe, her eyes watery. "I'm here my love, I'm right next to you. Hold my hand baby." He said

Shayla smiled and held her husbands hand, "I love you Evan."

"I love you too Shayla."

***

"PUSH!"

"PUSH!"

"ALMOST THERE! KEEP PUSHING SHAYLA YOU'RE DOING GREAT!"

Shayla gave her all, "AHHHH!!!"

Baby cries

The first baby, the boy and the placenta were out, now it was time for the next baby

"PUSH!"

"PUSH!"

"AAAHHHH!!"

Baby cries

Now the second baby, the girl and her placenta were out. "Happy Birthday you two!" The nurse said

The babies were born, and both put to Shayla's chest for skin to skin contact. Buck and Shayla both cried tears of joy to finally know they're 2 perfect bundles of joy.

"You did it baby." Buck said, I gave him a warm smile, "We did it."