Light and Shadow

Note:
· The ratings and comments are based on my opinion and I admit that these can affect people's expectations towards these recommended works so you may ignore it.
· Always include a 'spoiler warning' if ever you want to mention clips of the work.
· You may come back to the comment section to give out your opinion and what you feel towards the work when you're done reading.
· I won't be including nor replying to questions regarding where you could read this. There are apps and I know there's very few of them so the most reliable place to read are those where you could find online. Just search in 'google' and there would be a bunch of sites where you could read.

Terms: (Source: Online dictionaries)
· Manhwa/Webtoon - is the general Korean term for comics and print cartoons (common usage also includes animated cartoons).
· Manhua - Chinese comics originally produced in China, Hong Kong, and Taiwan, often including Chinese translations of Japanese manga.
· Manga - are comics or graphic novels originating from Japan.
· Isekai – is a subgenre of Japanese fantasy light novels, manga, anime, and video games revolving around a normal person from Earth being transported to, reborn, or trapped in a parallel universe.
· Shoujo - is a Japanese word for 'girl'. Its nature is to target a young female audience.
· Shounen – is a genre of Japanese comics and animated films aimed primarily at a young male audience, typically characterized by action-filled plots.
· Josei – is a manga genre made for older teenage females and adult women. Josei comics can portray realistic romance, as opposed to the mostly idealized romance of shoujo manga, but it does not always have to be.
· Gender Bender - a term that describes an Anime or Manga Genre, that combats traditional gender roles like Cross-Dressing where boys dress up as girls or girls dress up as boys.

By: Ryu HyangGenre/s: Drama, Fantasy, Historical, Romance, Shoujo (Its nature is to target a young female audience), Josei (It's a manga genre made for older teenage females and adult women)Status: CompleteChapters: 103Synopsis: It's a rude insult...

By: Ryu Hyang
Genre/s: Drama, Fantasy, Historical, Romance, Shoujo (Its nature is to target a young female audience), Josei (It's a manga genre made for older teenage females and adult women)
Status: Complete
Chapters: 103
Synopsis:
It's a rude insult when lowly and headstrong servant Edna comes to marry Duke Eli, instead of the noble daughter he expected. But the ambitious maid hides an even bigger secret behind her obvious ruse – one that could change the kingdom's very history. Can the two find freedom, redemption – and love – without drawing their swords on each other?
Rating: 8/10
Comment: This manhwa has a very beautiful and unique plot. The female lead is truly admirable. She has a strong personality and she's a really great ruler. Next is the male lead. I was a tiny bit disappointed at the beginning, but this seems to be a normal thing for male leads to disappoint their readers and then later cause us a heart attack so of course, I think it went well. Another thing is that it felt so cool to see the female lead in action like fighting and all. It was so SO good and it felt exhilarating. Lastly, they have a kid. This may or may not be considered a spoiler, so I'll just leave it as it is despite wanting to further explain why I included that so please read this. There's a second book as well but it focuses on the kid and his own romance, adventures etc. (At this point, I don't really know if I spoiled it...? For some reason, I think I did...? Though I haven't mentioned anything about the plot, I feel like I've ruined it for mentioning the second book).