Chp:-11 What's Wrong With This Man?

AASHI SINGHANIA

I slowly woke up because of my severe headache. Soon, I realised that I drank a lot last night. I went to the bathroom and brushed my teeth, did my business and took a shower and got dressed and I went downstairs. I saw Nisha bhabhi sitting on the couch and working on her laptop.

I said, "hey Nisha bhabhi. Good morning. Where have everyone gone?"

Nisha bhabhi said, "Good morning Dolly. Nik, Dad, Gautam and Tauji and Karan have gone to the office and Rohan and Kabir are also with them. Soham left early morning to go to New York for some emergency. You were completely drunk last night. He's the one who dropped you safely. How are you feeling?"

I said, "I'm fine. I took a shower. I'm very hungry. I didn't eat anything last night."

Soham went away. He told everyone. He didn't bother to tell me. He never said bye. But why am I being upset?

Nisha bhabhi said, "Dolly. Hello! Where are you lost? Taiji has made dhokla and Yash Tauji has made onion kachori and there's orange juice and some pineapples. Go have whatever you want. It's on the dining table."

I said, "I miss Alia after hearing today's breakfast menu. Everything's her favourite."

Nisha bhabhi said, "Aww! I miss her too. Everyone was missing her while eating today's breakfast especially Yash Tauji."

I said, "I know. That's why I think they must have made it."

Nisha bhabhi said, "by the way Dolly I have some news. You and me, we'll be going to New York for 2 to 3 months for handling our upcoming project. You've to work on the designs of new jewellery pieces and I've to take care of other things that Nik and Kriti have told me. We'll be staying with Pratik Tauji and Savita Taiji in New York. You can even stay with Sid sometimes if you want."

I said, "ok bhabhi. When are we leaving?"

Nisha bhabhi said, "1 week later." I nodded and went to the breakfast table and started eating my breakfast.

I got excited. Soham will be in New York. I'll be able to meet him. No... but he'll be gone. He's there only for a week and I'll be going there after a week. But why am I so excited and upset at the same time? What the heck is happening?

3 Months Later

NEW YORK, NEW YORK.

It's been 3 months now since I came to New York. The day I landed in New York, I texted Soham. I even called him. But he never properly replied. Soham was also staying in New York since 3 months. Whenever I used to ask him to meet me, come out with me, come to Tauji's mansion for the weekend or any plans that I used to make he just canceled everything. He never came. He's behaving weirdly. We only met once or twice. Once he met me for dinner. My cousins Siddharth, Samar and Misha, Karan bhai, Kriti and Nisha bhabhi were there too. He looked very lost and disturbed and his behaviour was very awkward. I don't know I'm unable to understand this guy. What's wrong with him? I don't know why but I was worried. Is something bothering him? God, I don't know what I'm going to do.

Right now, I am in my room's balcony in Pratik Tauji's mansion. Amyra is going to come here to meet me. She lives in New York. Misha was also coming over. Natasha is on her way to New York from Connecticut. Finally I'll meet her after so long. Sadly Nisha bhabhi has gone to Washington DC for the weekend and she'll come back on Sunday. I decided to talk about this with them. Maybe I'll feel better. I am not able to understand what should I do to calm down. This is freaking crazy!

Suddenly someone closed my eyes with his/her hands. Who's doing this?

I asked, "who's this? Please take your hands off my eyes."

I heard Kriti say, "guess, who's here." I smelled Davidoff cool water cologne. Oh my God! That's Alia's favourite perfume.

I yelled happily, "Alia!!! Is that you?" She removed her hands. I looked at her. We squealed and hugged each other tightly. Kriti dee joined us.

Natasha said, "God dee I'm so happy. We're meeting after so long. Finally we'll have our sister time together. I'm staying here for a week. I've taken holidays."

I said, "wow that's great."

Kriti said, "this week is going to be Singhania sisters week." We again hugged.

Misha entered the room and said, "Dolly!! Oh my God, Natasha what a pleasant surprise!" She hugged all of us.
We were chatting and gossiping for a while. Soon Amyra also came and joined us. We were talking for a long time. I opened my phone in between to see whether Soham has replied to my texts or not. When I saw, he had just read those messages but he didn't reply. It bothered me. Why is he behaving so weirdly? Everything is cool between us know, then why? Guys are impossible!

Natasha asked, "Dolly dee you seem to be worried!"

Amyra asked, "Aashi babe is everything ok?"

Misha said, "your facial expression literally changed once you saw the phone."

Kriti asked, "is anything wrong?"

I thought for a while. Should I tell them or no? Yes or no? Gosh! Why I am confused? Why am I troubling my brain so much!

I said, "uhm.....guys! There's absolutely nothing to worry about. I was just worried about my upcoming assignment whether I'll be able to complete it on time or no."

Misha said, "you're brilliant Dolly. Don't you worry."

Kriti said, "yes Dolly chill. Ok ok guys listen. My friend Smriti Sharma has invited all of us to her penthouse in Manhattan. She's having a house party over there. Her mom, dad and elder brother have gone to Hong Kong and she's all alone. It'll be the coolest girls night ever. Lots of gossips, dance, drama, fun etc etc."

Natasha said, "wow. For a change there will be something interesting in my life instead of studies." We chuckled. Our sister is so studious.

Kriti said, "get ready girls."
We all got ready. 2 hours later we left for the party. We reached Smriti's house. Oh my God, this girl is so cool. We had a blast. It was a typical girlish pyjama party. We had a lot of fun. We had a sleepover party.

The next day, we left Smriti's penthouse. We were going downstairs. Kriti dee and Alia went ahead to take out the car. I was standing at the lobby. Suddenly I saw a guy who looked familiar. I went towards him to see clearly who it was. I hid behind the pillar. I was shocked. It was Soham. His face was pale. He looked very nervous and alert. He looked here and there to see whether anyone is looking at him or no. He was acting as if he is stealing some precious thing and running away. What's wrong with this man?

THERE IS SOMETHING FISHY WHICH I NEED TO FIND OUT...............................