Chp:-13 Shriya Desai

SOHAM RAICHAND

It's been 3 months since I'm here in New York. I was going to be here only for a week. All my work was completed and I was ready to go to Toronto. But this one phone call changed all my plans. I was ready to leave. All my bags were packed. The chauffeur was waiting outside. But my phone rang.

FLASHBACK

My phone rang. I answered the call.

"Hello. This is Soham Raichand speaking. Who am I speaking to?"

That person said, "I'm doctor Samuel from Tisch Hospital New York. Do you know our patient Shriya Desai?"
I froze hearing Shriya's name. It felt like someone stabbed my heart when I heard her name.

I said, "yes I am her ex boyfriend. How did you get my number?"

He said, "We found your number and your picture together from her wallet. Could you please come to the hospital? Her condition is not very good. She said you're the only person whom she knows in New York."

I thought for a while. I didn't want to go but I decided to go for the sake of humanity and for the sake of those feelings that I had for her. But why is her husband not there with her? He should be the one who should be there with her not me. I don't care for her. I don't have feelings for her. Anyways I'm going only for the sake of humanity.

Doctor said, "Mr. Raichand are you there?"

I said, "yes doctor I'm coming."

Doctor said, "ok." We hung up.

I immediately asked my chauffeur to take me to the Tisch hospital. We reached there half an hour later. I went inside and asked in the reception about Dr. Samuel. Soon, I went to his cabin and met him. I entered his cabin and sat inside.

Doctor said, "Mr. Raichand, Miss Shriya's condition is pretty bad. Her depression has turned her insane. She was very disturbed and sad. It was very difficult for us to handle her. With great difficulty we managed to ask her about her relatives and friends and she almost took your name until she passed out. Nurse checked her wallet and we found your photo and phone number so we called you. She's really vulnerable at this state. She needs someone. If she gets someone's affection and care then she'll recover within 2-3 months. I hope you understand."

I said, "ok. Can I meet her?"

Doctor said, "ok. Come with me."

I followed the doctor. He took me to Shriya's room. I saw her. She was sleeping soundly. She has changed a lot. Doctor walked away. I sat there. After a while she woke up. She saw me. At first she couldn't believe that I'm here but when she did, she hugged me tightly. I couldn't hug her back. When I tried to, my Doll's face came in front of my eyes. Yes, I'm strongly attracted to Aashi. Call me crazy but I really like her a lot. I pulled back. Shriya was in tears.

She said, "I knew that you will come. Everything is over Soham. I'm really broken now. I have made a lot of mistakes, unwanted mistakes. I am sorry for whatever I did to you. I know you won't able to forgive me but still I'm sorry. Yes, I accept that I had an affair with the drug dealer. He was my dad's friend's son. He used to come home with his dad. He always had a crush on me. When I told him that I'm with you. I love you and not him, he just challenged me that I'll be so damn attracted to him that I'll myself come towards him and I won't be able to resist him. That day when we were having drinks, he spiked my drinks with drugs. Gradually our dad's started meeting frequently and he also came frequently. He always used to mix drugs with my food and drinks and that's how I became addicted to drugs. I couldn't imagine my day without eating drugs. I came to know that he's a big drug dealer. I had to go to him I had no choice. He said he'll give me drugs on one condition. I'll have to have to sex with him whenever I come to buy drugs from him and if I don't do so, then he blackmailed me that he'll gang rape me along with his friends and kill me. If I won't be his then I'll be no one else's. He was a psycho.  I had no choice. If I didn't get drugs I would've gone crazy. He used to inject me with drugs and then have sex with me. Then one day you found out and all that happened and then I went to rehab. After that dad and my brother fixed my marriage with Ayaan Awasthy. I was very heartbroken after breakup with you. It was as if I have lost everything. I had no other choice but to marry Ayaan. I married him. Everything was fine. He was a nice guy. But later on he became abusive and started man handling me. He came to know about my dark past. Finally after a year we divorced. We had a big fight. My family disowned me. I have no place to go to. He has given me a penthouse in Manhattan as alimony. I felt so depressed, worthless and useless that I couldn't take it anymore and I am here today in this hospital bed."

She started crying. I got her some coffee and glass of water. I really feel bad for her. But still, I don't love her anymore. That's just because of humanity, I feel bad for her.

I said, "whatever happened with you, shouldn't have happened. We can't change the past but we can move on Shriya. Please control yourself. Come out of your past to lead a better life. Go ahead in your career and keep yourself occupied. Work hard. Once you recover, go to a far away place where no one knows you and you don't know anyone and start afresh. Stay away from this love crap for a while. I'm sure you'll get your true love at the right time. Everyone get their true love but at the right time. Maybe me and Ayaan we were not at all meant for you, accept the fact and move on. Stay strong. Stay away from unwanted stuff. And forget everything from your past. All bad memories, bad people, bad things, bad incidents and situations and me."

Doctor requested me to take care of her for maximum 2-3 months and I agreed only for the sake of humanity. I started working from New York. I made an excuse to my family, it was hard but they got convinced. I took Shriya to her penthouse the day she got discharged. I arranged for a housekeeper and cook and two three maids for her who would take care of the household chores and Shriya also. She won't feel lonely. I paid them money to get full stock of groceries every month from the supermarket. I did all this only for the sake of humanity and for those feelings which I had for Shriya once upon a time, for the friendship that we had. I don't love her anymore.

FLASHBACK END

Since all that happened, I'm staying in New York for the past 3 months. My family visited me. I keep going to Shriya's penthouse. Her past has made her turn insane. I'm trying to make her move on. It's difficult but with time, I'm sure she'll move on. Because of this, I frequently canceled the plans whatever my Doll used to make. A week after I came to New York, Aashi and Nisha also came to New York for work. They're also here for the past 3 months. I was so happy that my Doll is here. I didn't want Shriya to know about Aashi because if she did, then she'll not be able to bare it. She's not yet forgotten her past. She still has feelings for me even though I don't. Her condition is not so good. She can harm my Doll if she comes to know that what I feel for Aashi. Her psychological condition is not so good. If my doll would've come to know about all these things, she would've insisted on coming to Shriya's penthouse with me and take care of her. She would've become her friend. But I cannot trust Shriya. I can't put my Doll in a risky situation. She's very important to me. I'll go insane if something happens to her.

Today when I saw my Doll outside the penthouse building lobby, I became nervous. I went towards her and had a conversation with her. I was relieved when she told me that she was at her friend Smriti's place that's why she came there. She taunted me saying that I always cancel plans. I really felt guilty at that time but I'll make it upto her. I just hope that now Shriya has recovered properly. I just hope that my Doll is fine. I know she must be thinking what a difficult and weird guy I am. I'll tell her everything once I'm done with this once everything is normal. I want to keep her away from all this.

I HOPE THAT NOW EVERYTHING WILL SOON BE UNDER CONTROL..............................