twenty-one

since shotaro has been proven to be honest, they have been examining what the surrounding mafias are planning for them and trying to come up with a way to save sakuya. 

"they've used you as their bait," taeyong thought out loud, "did they leave any type of device with you?"

shotaro shook his head, "they didn't because it was one of my requests, saying that it'll make me feel uneasy, making my act more suspicious."

"what worries me most at the moment is your sister, taro." jaehyun played with his ball pen, making it spin between two fingers like the attractive man he is. "you've been here for quite some time plus the months you still were at your apartment. she's been under their care for a long time and i don't think that they even showed care towards her."

"ten caught sight of an unconscious girl in one of the buildings they spied on," the leader informs the brother, "and he has a hunch that it may be her."

"unconscious?" shotaro felt his heart stop for a moment, "what could they be doing to her? we had a deal!"

"well, they seem to be dirty pieces of shit." the underboss sighed, "hate to break it to you but they just might not be keeping up with that deal that's why we better plan fast."

"wait, what deal are we talking about here?" taeyong suddenly realized he had no knowledge of the 'deal' and couldn't keep up with the conversation. if that ain't lucas trying to keep up with his class while spying on the girl.

shotaro promised to give south side mafia the information they wanted him to get in change of his sister. there were two simple conditions— one, sakuya will be fed and not hurt and two, no hooked up wires or devices on him or his things. 

the thing is they might not hurt her but what if the moment he hands them the information, he gets a dead body instead? that'll be terrible and who knows what shotaro would do?

"sicheng said that they followed the car that had," jaehyun placed imaginary quotation marks in the air for the next two words, "your sister and it led them to one of the other buildings you also told us about. are you confident that they will keep your sister there for maybe another week?"

"i don't know," the japenese shook his head, "during the nights i haven't met you two, i was only brought to these two buildings but i have heard of some of their men talking about some warehouses outside the city. they can possibly hide her there."

"there are multiple hideouts," the leader pressed his fingers against his temple, "we'll need more investigations but we should do it quick. your sister's life is on the line and we'll do everything in our power to help you."